Visual basic and CM11/12

I am looking for an OCX control for Visual basic 6 to control and receive
data from a CM11 (same as CM12 here in Europe) serial port to powerline
interface unit.

X10Lite offers control only - their exe runs on my PC but I can't get the VB
example to run (is there any help anywhere)

I guess I just want a routine for the MSCOMM serial port driver. Can anyone
point a new user to the solution?

Thanks