Install a bathroom window question

Hello...I am considering installing a window in my bathroom. There is
no window now so this means cutting an opening right through to the
outside. Interesting idea for the do it yourselfer. Any advice or does
anyone know of a site that might have enough detail and/or
illustrations to really help? I might chicken out and get a pro, but I
just thought I would do some fact finding first. Any help will be
appreciated.Thanks.