Re: Does ANYONE Still Use the CM11A w/ActiveHome?

<taketheactive@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Where did all the "Frugal Tinkerers" (like me) from ~25+ years ago
> go?
> I would *REALLY* enjoy talking with some of you, but I don't know
> WHERE
> to find you!?!

Well I have gotten pretty dang tired of the unreliablity of X10
(dating back to 1978 and the X10 interface I had in an Apple II) but
am still hanging on to the technology.  I lost count of how many
CM11a's I've had.  When the last one died I tried the Smarthome but
the s/w sucked, and then my RF module went out, so I went with the
CM15.  I struggled with the Activehome Pro and X10 support for 6+
months, then X10 sales finally emailed the latest code and things have
been pretty good since.

There is a guy who has been actively developing for the CM11a, and
just released a product for it (I hope he starts soon on the CM15):
 http://www.homedomination.com/download.html