Re: RFID Starter Kit Available for HomeSeer

J Wynia <jwynia@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>Frank wrote:
>> reader from a DIY kit? I want to tag chickens using the leg ring and log
>> which ones no longer lay eggs!
>http://www.sonmicro.com/
>Their kit is only $66. Of course, that low price comes with the cost of
>having to build the entire thing yourself.

another possibility is buying a CueCat barcode reader (~$10 last time
i looked)... although this will require a little more "intimacy" with
the chicken than waving a RF reader would... you'd have to physically
get to the leg.

Are the chickens white?
would they be harmed by short term exposure to permanent magic
markers? how many are we talking about?
(this isn't answering your question... but rather brainstorming other
ways to accomplish your goals... ;)

--
be safe.
flip