Re: DSS-670 Help Please

On 1/24/2024 5:55 PM, Andrew Washburn wrote:
> After 30 years of reliable operation, the keypad connected to our DSS-670 suddenly started flashing one or more lights and beeping randomly. All the keypad lights dimmed. I had to remove power to stop the beeping and flashing.
> I replaced the power supply and the battery. I checked that all the buss screws were tight, but after four days. It did it again.
> I rechecked everything, but again after four days, it did it again.
> Any suggestions?

Four days.  Sounds about right.  Check the output voltage on the battery
leads.  Then check your fuses.

I think that's an old Brinks made by Scantronics.  (Well something like
that comes to mind, but I never worked on those antiques.)  Programmer
needed for anything else most likely.  The one guy who used to provide
that kind of support is out of the business.  Sold all his stuff that
was left a number of years ago.  Last I heard he was planning to
manufacture plastic shredding machines.

--
Bob La Londe
CNC Molds N Stuff