Re: Actually On Topic Question

On 3/13/2023 11:45 PM, mleuck wrote:
> On Friday, March 10, 2023 at 7:32:08â?¯PM UTC-6, ABLE1 wrote:
>> Hello Guys!!!
>>
>> Hope everyone is doing well. As for me, I am still beating the bushes.
>>
>> I have a customer that has a Vista 20p with a Tuxedo Touch Screen that
>> as been working just fine since I installed it 11 years ago and it is
>> now constantly rebooting. I have not been on site as of yet but, the
>> customer has done some troubleshooting and said that the voltage
>> is holding steady at 13.2vdc while the touch screen reboots.
>>
>> I briefly talked to Tech Support and asked if this was a known issue.
>> I was told that it was not, but should check for a loose connection
>> and check the voltage.
>>
>> Again, I have not been on site, but will be next week. I thought I
>> would reach out here to see if there should be other things that
>> should be looked at before declaring the Touch Screen was scrap.
>>
>> The docs say that the unit draws 270ma.
>> Presently I am not sure what power source it is connected.
>> I am thinking it would be the Aux + & -
>>
>> I would think if the Aux Power was the issue the voltage would not
>> be holding steady at 13.2vdc.
>>
>> Anyone have any thoughts as to a solution or knowledge on this issue??
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Les
>
> Assuming nothing is defective with the panel or touchscreen that is a classic example of not enough power,  I would add a power supply.

I thought of that briefly.  Should have brought it up.  I used to have
to add auxiliary power supplies to the P1632 Napco panels fairly often.
That was one of the reasons I considered switching to the Caddx
NX8(C?N?).  The zone expanders could be anywhere and included their own
monitored auxiliary power supply.  I did use one in a small school with
a zone expander in each building.

--
Bob La Londe
Proffessional Hack, Hobbyist, Wannabe, Shade Tree, Button Pushing, Not a

www.avg.com