Re: Most Popular and Feature Rich DVR

On 6/12/2023 9:33 AM, ABLE1 wrote:
> On 6/10/2023 5:48 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
>> We had a conversation not to long ago about DVRs and a couple of you
>> guys weighed in.  I can't find it any more, and my back up unit is
>> nearly dead.  Primary is still recording, but I like to run redundant
>> systems.
>>

> Hi Bob,
>
> Yes, I remember something about your previous posting.  I can't find it
> either.  It seems the electrons have washed the SIM/DIM/BIM card clean??
>
> As for your desire to have a "Feature Rich" "Most Popular" DVR for your
> back up video retention........................??
>
> Well, that is going to be difficult to pick the exact one(1) to fit
> Bob's desire!!  As for a "DVR" I would suggest one that has some NVR
> capabilities.  That way if you want to add a higher tech camera
> somewhere it could be possible.  I do know that some of the INVID stuff
> has that capability.  But, then I would guess that most of the upper end
> manufacturers have that as well.
>
> I only mention INVID because when I could no longer purchase HikVision
> stuff I had to go with another and my distributor suggested INVID.  The
> sales/tech guy was very helpful, even with my stupid questions.
>
> I hope that helps a bit, and that someone else in here will provide
> their comments to counteract mine or not!!  :-)
>
> Good Luck!!
>
> Les

Yes, Invid Tech.  I seem to recall you and Jim both talking about them,
and one of you said you had been buying them from non-traditional
sources like Zoro or Amazon.

Were you able to get your HikVision IP cameras to work with the Invid
hybrid DVRs?

I have a brand new (old stock) small HikVision NVR I was going to use on
the house and ditch the low (used to be considered high) res analog
stuff, but that was about the time the whole spyware and US ban broke in
the news.  I don't have an issue ditching the NVR, but I'd like to use
the cameras I had for it.  HikVision is still available if you know
where to look.  I just don't really trust it.

I used Digital Watchdog for a while, but it seemed like every system had
to be firmware updated to keep it from crashing regularly.  The
price/feature/specs ratios seemed to be pretty good otherwise.

--
Bob La Londe
Professional Hack, Hobbyist, Wannabe, Shade Tree, Button Pushing, Not a

www.avg.com