Re: Most Popular and Feature Rich DVR

On 6/12/2023 1:55 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
> On 6/12/2023 9:33 AM, ABLE1 wrote:
>> On 6/10/2023 5:48 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
>>> We had a conversation not to long ago about DVRs and a couple of you
>>> guys weighed in.  I can't find it any more, and my back up unit is
>>> nearly dead.  Primary is still recording, but I like to run redundant
>>> systems.
>>>

>> Hi Bob,
>>
>> Yes, I remember something about your previous posting.  I can't find it
>> either.  It seems the electrons have washed the SIM/DIM/BIM card clean??
>>
>> As for your desire to have a "Feature Rich" "Most Popular" DVR for your
>> back up video retention........................??
>>
>> Well, that is going to be difficult to pick the exact one(1) to fit
>> Bob's desire!!  As for a "DVR" I would suggest one that has some NVR
>> capabilities.  That way if you want to add a higher tech camera
>> somewhere it could be possible.  I do know that some of the INVID stuff
>> has that capability.  But, then I would guess that most of the upper end
>> manufacturers have that as well.
>>
>> I only mention INVID because when I could no longer purchase HikVision
>> stuff I had to go with another and my distributor suggested INVID.  The
>> sales/tech guy was very helpful, even with my stupid questions.
>>
>> I hope that helps a bit, and that someone else in here will provide
>> their comments to counteract mine or not!!  :-)
>>
>> Good Luck!!
>>
>> Les
>

> Yes, Invid Tech.  I seem to recall you and Jim both talking about them,
> and one of you said you had been buying them from non-traditional
> sources like Zoro or Amazon.
>
> Were you able to get your HikVision IP cameras to work with the Invid
> hybrid DVRs?
>
> I have a brand new (old stock) small HikVision NVR I was going to use on
> the house and ditch the low (used to be considered high) res analog
> stuff, but that was about the time the whole spyware and US ban broke in
> the news.  I don't have an issue ditching the NVR, but I'd like to use
> the cameras I had for it.  HikVision is still available if you know
> where to look.  I just don't really trust it.
>
> I used Digital Watchdog for a while, but it seemed like every system had
> to be firmware updated to keep it from crashing regularly.  The
> price/feature/specs ratios seemed to be pretty good otherwise.

Bob,

As for the question:
Were you able to get your HikVision IP cameras to work with the Invid
hybrid DVRs?

I can say that there are some settings for the camera inputs that can be
adjusted to meet a bunch of video inputs.  Before you buy one I would
suggest to talk to their Tech Dept and ask the question with specifics.
Such as the actual model of camera and video resolution.

I think that Hik is available at ADI and on eBay.  However, eBay has a
lot of look-a-likes that are knockoffs.  You can usually get a good idea
which ones by looking at the price tag.  $20-$25 for a camera model with
good features??  If it looks too good to be true!!!! :-)

Later,

Les