Re: Why Jobs Take Way To Freaking Long Sometimes - (Jim, You were wrong.)

On Saturday, July 8, 2023 at 6:50:39=E2=80=AFPM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:
> If the AC is out in the house... well I have to fix that first. I could=
=20
> tough out everything, but the disappoint of the other half.=20
>=20
> I was wrong. I couldn't tough it out. Yesterday I was finishing up a=20
> couple custom molds (deburr, press in pins, etc) so I could get them=20
> shipped. By the time I set the packages in the drop box it was late in=20
> the afternoon, but not so late I couldn't get a good start on the next=20
> project. I sat down at my desk, turned to face the jobs board, and=20
> thought, "It sure feels warm in here." I glanced over at the thermostat=
=20
> and noted it was 93F'ing degrees in my office. I walked outside to see=20
> if I could trouble shoot it really quick, and I was just about able to=20
> kick the circuit breaker off and on to hear the contactor kick on. No=20
> fan. No compressor and holy bejeebers its was way to F'ing hot to stand=
=20
> in the sun working on the air conditioning. I don't know what the=20
> temperature was, but the heat factor on the concrete next to that big=20
> metal building was, "Hey stupid. Get out of the F'ing Sun." I headed=20
> back to the house for a cold beer and called it a day.=20
>=20
> This morning I started trouble shooting. I quickly found a blown control=
=20
> fuse in the air handler, and after that the air handler would kick on as=
=20
> would the fan in the condensing unit.=20
>=20
> I thought it was fixed so I headed inside, but after 20 minutes it still=
=20
> felt hot in the office. It was a hot 93F on the thermostat when I=20
> looked. Time to break out the heat gun. The vents were kicking out 90+=20
> degree air. A few years ago I had a wire come loose and had the system=20
> pumping out hot air (heat pump default on condition is heat), so I=20
> checked all the control wiring. Nope. All good. Alright time to power it=
=20
> all down again. Dual run cap was bad on the compressor side. No place to=
=20
> buy one on a Saturday, so I called a buddy who does AC work. He was out=
=20
> on a service call, but promised me a heads up call when he got home. He=
=20
> has a five gallon bucket full of new caps in his truck. I helped him=20
> with an alarm issue a few months back and he absolutely refused to let=20
> me pay for the replacement cap.=20
>=20
> I popped over to the import store to burn up my 25% coupon, and finally=
=20
> headed home. About two o'clock (maybe 2:30) I pointed the heat gun at=20
> [...]

I HATE when that happens. You start out the day with a task you've been thi=
nking about for a week and you've got the plans all in your head how you're=
 gonna do it and something else sucks you down a rabbit hole that let's you=
 get done with it just in time to not have enough time to do the original p=
roject   - - - - - -  and there ya sit. Too much time to do nothing and not=
 enough time to do something.=20