Re: Six Years

On Monday, January 9, 2023 at 4:14:07 PM UTC-5, ABLE1 wrote:
> On 1/9/2023 1:35 PM, Jim Davis wrote:=20
> > And one of Murphy's laws would take over. "If you have a space you'll f=
ill it"
> I like that one. However, the other is as follows.=20
>=20
> "Horizontal Flat Surfaces are the scourge of everybody's space."=20
>=20
> I suggested to my wife that we should place a 30 degree slopes on=20
> all tables and counters. That way every thing would slide off onto=20
> the floor and we would have to pick it up and place it a proper place!!

That wouldn't make any difference. My basement would look exactly the same =
with all the stuff lying on the floor just off the edge of the shelves and =
tables.=20
And I'd eventually just nail a board on the low end of the shelves to stop =
stuff from sliding off.=20
.
A number of years ago a terrible event ruined my process. My son decided to=
 help me out and go down and "straighten up" the basement. I wasn't home  a=
t the time. So thinking he's doing the right thing, he keeps the piles toge=
ther but he doesn't realize that as he's taking all the stuff from the old =
piles and moving them to clear spots in the basement that it "looked" neate=
r but it wound up that all the most recent stuff that was at the tops of th=
e old piles are now at the bottom of the new piles.=20
.
It completely screwed up my location radar in my head of where things were =
located if I wanted them.  Took me years to recreate a rough new location m=
ap in my head. There's stuff that I remember is down there but I don't know=
 where it is anymore.=20
.
Damn! "Leave your freakin hands off my STUFF !=20
And - - - - - I know that my wife (Ms Neat !) was behind all of it too ! "W=
hy don't you put everything away?" "Why don't you get more shelves?"  "Why =
don't you surprise your Dad?"=20
.
GAAAAAAAAHHHHH!