Re: The Worst Customer Service Issue I had In The Business

On Sunday, September 25, 2022 at 7:58:49 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:
> On 9/25/2022 3:58 PM, ABLE1 wrote:=20
> > On 9/25/2022 4:32 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:=20

> A more positive story.=20
>=20
> Many years ago I had installed a residential alarm for a hardware store=
=20
> manager. At some point I was asked to bid on an alarm system for a=20
> large new store and processing plant. I met with them and wrote it up=20
> on the spot. It was not a small system (for me) and had some involved=20
> stuff to monitor the processing plant, but I had recently used similar=20
> equipment on a smaller job. When I handed the contract to the manager=20
> he asked how long it would be until they had a quote. He showed visual=20
> surprise when I said, "That is the quote. I can do it for that price."=20
>=20
> Much later he told me that ADT commercial had some out to bid the job,=20
> and they had been waiting for months for a quote.=20
>=20
> I was able to provide all kinds of services for them as they asked over=
=20
> the years primarily due to the constant improvements in service from=20
> Arizona Security Controls which was my primary central station for over=
=20
> 20 of the 23 years I was in contracting. (Maybe 22 out of 23.)=20
>=20
> One day I got a call asking what they needed to do to cancel service=20
> with me. One of their VPs played golf with somebody from ShadowScan and=
=20
> they promised to give all their business nationwide to ShadowScan. I=20
> was told their monthly rate was more than double what I had been=20
> charging (I wasn't cheap for all the services they had), and they didn't=
=20
> seem to know how to provide all the accessibility and services I was=20
> providing. Their service with me was still being cancelled, but they=20
> needed to stay on service with me on a month to month basis until the=20
> changeover. They stayed on service with me on a month to month basis=20
> for over a year. I could be mixing up accounts in memory, but I seem to=
=20
> recall I even linked in to reprogram it for them in the end.=20
>=20
> I remained on good terms with the manager, and more than once or twice=20
> he said he wished he was still on service with me. That they still=20
> didn't have all the features and services I provided with the help of Az=
=20
> Security.=20
>=20
> I played golf for a couple years, but I never made a deal on the golf=20
> course, well except on my cell phone and obviously I could have been in=
=20
> a pool hall or on a job site just as easily. Maybe I should have taken=20
> the game more seriously. LOL.
> [...]

The worst situation that i can remember was a residential account where I h=
ad both the husband and wife had signed the agreement. Guy was a Veterinari=
an and he had divorced  and married his office manager. Things went smoothl=
y for a few years then I get a call from the wife that she had him arrested=
 for physical abuse and had an order of protection issued and she wanted th=
e codes and passwords changed. Which I did (remotely) but with anticipation=
 of what was to come. At that point they had forgotten that they could chan=
ge the user codes but not the passwords and I didn't think it was a good ti=
me to add to the confusion
.
Apparently she wouldn't let him in the house so he could collect some of he=
 belongings and he came to the house when she wasn't home and tried to get =
in. The locks were changed so he used a hidden key to another door that she=
 hadn't changed and entered the house. The alarm went off and he couldn't s=
hut it down and didn't know the new password.=20
so central dispatched. Then I get the call from him to change the code and =
the password which I was obligated to do.=20
.
This could have been an impossible situation for me but fortunately I expla=
ined my dilemma to each of them. I told them that I would respond to each o=
f them and change the codes each time either of the called me so neither of=
 them would never know if they could enter the house without dispatching th=
e police. They agreed to have two sets of codes and passwords and he would =
call before entering so she wouldn't be home. I considered that she relente=
d was because the house was in his name only.  =20
.
.I know that I always could have told them both how to change the codes the=
mselves and given central station permission to accept changes to the passw=
ord but fortunately they got back together and are still customers to this =
day