Re: Richter or Merkel ?

On 11/13/2022 12:45 PM, ABLE1 wrote:
> On 11/13/2022 10:54 AM, Bob La Londe wrote:
>> So anybody solve any security problems lately?  I'm looking for new
>> DVRs myself.  The two in my shop are still working, but they are old.
>> One keeps rebuilding its database, but seems to still be recording
>> every time I check.  It needs to go.  The other has to reboot two or
>> three times when I reboot it, but then it seems to work perfectly.  I
>> just want something new and wonderful.  #2 channel would be okay, but
>> I like having dual 16 channel as it allows for some redundancy in key
>> traffic areas.
>

> Hi Bob,
>
> I am presently using InVid camera equipment.  With today's COAX camera
> abilities to provide 5-8 Mega Pixels and the ability to reduce the
> camera output to potentially match the recorder DVR input gives a lot
> of flexibility.  So I am assuming that your current DVR recorders are
> "old" CBVS or 720p.
>
> The one that I am presently installing has a variety of settings for
> video outputs.  Such as:
>
> TVI:5MP/4MP/2MP
> AHD:5MP/4MP/2MP
> CVI:4MP/2MP
> CVBS
>
> It is a matter of having the means of programing the different outputs.
> I am not that proficient at doing the needed changes but, I am learning!
>
> As for one DVR, this one has a lot of stuff built in.
> https://info.invidtech.com/hubfs/AAA_SpecSheets/Paramont/DVRs/PD1B/PD1B-16NH2_Spec.pdf
>
> As for Cameras this one is what I was referring to.
> https://info.invidtech.com/hubfs/ELEV-C5BXIRWL.pdf
>
> There are a lot of other possibilities.  I am NOT is a SALES MODE here!!
> Just providing information.
>
> Later,
>
> Les

I don't mind beer can cameras inside the shop, but outside I really
prefer heavy duty ball cameras.  They are hard to move, and hard to
cover.  That being said I have a hodge podge of stuff mounted to the shop.

One is a rebuilt DM, but with a rebuild costing more than a new brand
with better specs, the rebuilder not always returning stuff after you
pay for it until you prove you paid it with the cancelled check, and the
owner of the west coast rebuilder reaming you out instead of apologizing
afterwards I will never have another DM rebuilt.  The other is a Digital
Watchdog with HD over coax capability, but both cameras in a pair have
to have the same res or it defaults to the lower resolution.  1/2 3/4
5/6 ...  Its fine if you just buy a bunch of cameras for the job, but
not so much if you are using all the left over cameras from all the jobs
you ever did that outlasted their replacement life.  LOL.

I like what you are saying about the DVR though.

--
Bob La Londe
CNC Molds N Stuff

www.avg.com