Re: Radionics handler update system recreated

On Wednesday, March 23, 2022 at 4:20:35 PM UTC-5, herber...@xxxxxxxxx wrote=
:
> On Wednesday, March 23, 2022 at 2:08:32 PM UTC-7, Jaime Watson1 wrote:=20
> > On Monday, March 21, 2022 at 1:38:47 AM UTC-4, herber...@xxxxxxxxx wrot=
e:=20
> > > On Sunday, March 20, 2022 at 9:59:34 PM UTC-7, mleuck wrote:=20
the "Radionics handler update system" that was shut down a few years ago. T=
his is the server used to download handlers to the Radionics d5200 programm=
er from the phone line. If you end up needing a handler for the programmer =
when working on a super old panel, this might just be what you're looking f=
or.=20
e number, handler name, and choose either "TELCO -> A" or "TELCO -> B" on t=
he programmer. Where the programmer asks you whether or not to include help=
 files, choose "NO", the help files were never implemented to my knowledge =
and haven't been included with any handler I have ever used.=20
ince it takes literal hours to transfer then verify them, but they will all=
 be available on my server soon. The telephone number for the server is +1(=
304)451-7092, do keep in mind I haven't been able to test this anywhere off=
site, so if it doesn't work, just shoot me a message here and I'll look int=
o it. It wouldn't surprise me if this suffers from the terrible quality of =
VoIP lines nowadays.=20
are complete if you are interested, the read-me files appear to mention hel=
p files as well but I can't confirm it. Also has info on how to transfer th=
em etc=20
hem, though I don=E2=80=99t know if I can post my email address here to sen=
d them to. If not, I think the only way to transfer them is with the blazin=
g fast 300 baud modem integrated into the programmer.=20
by a standard PC by creating an RS232 cable although I've never tried it=20
> > > Mark,=20
> > >=20
> > > This looks promising, I am away from home at the moment so I won=E2=
=80=99t be able to test it for a few days. It looks like someone was trying=
 to do what I did, but over the rs232 port and never finished it. It contai=
ns an executable that=E2=80=99s presumably used to save a handler to a comp=
uter, but not transfer it back to another programmer. I=E2=80=99ll look int=
o how they stored the data and see if I could directly convert it to the fo=
rmat I have handlers saved to my server with. It looks like they have most =
of the standard handlers already archived to files there.=20
> > >=20
> > > This should be useful, and will save a lot of time if it works how I =
think it does.=20
> > >=20
> > > Thanks,=20
> > > Keith=20
> > Hi All,=20
> >=20
> > This is really great that you are doing this. Im in desperate need of t=
he 7212b handler (would save me lots of time and money) but the one that wa=
s in my 5200 was corrupted. Not sure if anybody has it.=20
> >=20
> > Thanks=20
> > Kevin
> Kevin,=20
>=20
> My friend has the 7212B handler, I will get it uploaded as soon as possib=
le. It should be there either later today or tomorrow night, and I will sen=
d a message here when it is available.=20
>=20
> Keith
The handlers I sent you contains the 7212B