Re: Radionics handler update system recreated

On Sunday, March 20, 2022 at 2:01:57 PM UTC-5, herber...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Sunday, March 20, 2022 at 7:40:47 AM UTC-7, mleuck wrote:=20
> > On Monday, March 14, 2022 at 7:12:38 PM UTC-5, herber...@xxxxxxxxx wrot=
e:=20
> > > Hello all,=20
> > >=20
> > > Not sure how many this would be useful to, but I have remade the "Rad=
ionics handler update system" that was shut down a few years ago. This is t=
he server used to download handlers to the Radionics d5200 programmer from =
the phone line. If you end up needing a handler for the programmer when wor=
king on a super old panel, this might just be what you're looking for.=20
> > >=20
> > > This works just like the original system, just enter the phone number=
, handler name, and choose either "TELCO -> A" or "TELCO -> B" on the progr=
ammer. Where the programmer asks you whether or not to include help files, =
choose "NO", the help files were never implemented to my knowledge and have=
n't been included with any handler I have ever used.=20
> > >=20
> > > I do not have all the handlers archived to files as of now, since it =
takes literal hours to transfer then verify them, but they will all be avai=
lable on my server soon. The telephone number for the server is +1(304)451-=
7092, do keep in mind I haven't been able to test this anywhere offsite, so=
 if it doesn't work, just shoot me a message here and I'll look into it. It=
 wouldn't surprise me if this suffers from the terrible quality of VoIP lin=
es nowadays.=20
> > >=20
> > > Additional information will be available here: http://www.protostarso=
lutions.cf/handler=20
> > >=20
> > > And an updated list of the handlers available on the server is availa=
ble here:=20
> > > http://www.protostarsolutions.cf/handler/handlers.txt=20
> > >=20
> > > Keith=20
> > I have a set of Radionics and Honeywell handlers which I think are comp=
lete if you are interested, the read-me files appear to mention help files =
as well but I can't confirm it. Also has info on how to transfer them etc
> Mark,=20
>=20
> If they are contained within files i=E2=80=99d be happy to have them, tho=
ugh I don=E2=80=99t know if I can post my email address here to send them t=
o. If not, I think the only way to transfer them is with the blazing fast 3=
00 baud modem integrated into the programmer.=20
>=20
> I=E2=80=99m not sure if it will remove it, but my email is herbertclan4 [=
at] gmail [dot] com=20
>=20
> You can send them there and I=E2=80=99ll add them to the server when I ge=
t back.=20
>=20
> Keith
According to a contained text file you can transfer them to a 5200 by a sta=
ndard PC by creating an RS232 cable although I've never tried it