Re: A real Brain Twister

On 12/23/2022 9:41 AM, RTS wrote:
> On 12/23/2022 7:54 AM, ABLE1 wrote:

>>> Yea, Les,  I was going to suggest the same thing.
>>> After battery replacement on near any transmitter I've ever worked
>>> on, a delete and relearn is the smoothest way to restore good comm
>>> links..
>>> Like you said, don't know why for sure, but time has told me it works..
>>> RTS
>>

>> My experience has been that it has only been the Flood Sensor that is an
>> issue in this way!!  And it took me a good bit of frustration to figure
>> it out!!
>>
>> Les
> Les, does the sensors you've used or worked on, use resistance or
> inductance as the trigger type.?.
> the inductance type is more prone to a voltage/current change..
> could be when the battery drained below the ckt's ability to
> compensate for, it altered some other balance ckt's in the device..
> Just a guess, mind you...
> RTS

Rocky,

It really depends on the sensor and how it is set for the application.
These Flood Sensor have 4 small metal gold tabs on the bottom
that when they get wet there is an amount of conductance that happens
between the tabs which is picked up by the internal circuitry and then
sends out a signal.  So for this I would say it is inductance or current
flow that happens.

For some odd reason when the batteries are replaced it does not not talk
to the receiver as before and needs to be re-learned back into the system.

Les