Re: OT Jeopardy Winner 12/15/2022

On Tuesday, December 20, 2022 at 11:12:28 AM UTC-5, Bob La Londe wrote:

> Most of my cousins spell their names as one word, but I can assure you=20
> their dad's were born La Londe, not Lalonde even if they allowed=20
> bureaucrats to change it at the DMV or just decided it was easier. I=20
> know both of my La Londe uncles now mispell their name for public use.=20
> Its just easier. I'm a bit more of a rock. I'll refuse to do business=20
> with people who won't let me spell my name correctly and I took my birth=
=20
> certificate with me to make sure my name was correct at the DMV 40+=20
> years ago.=20
>=20
> One lady who runs an air gun parts store online said "I don't see why=20
> its a big deal for you to just take the space out."=20
>=20
> I told her, "That would be fraud. That is not my name."
> --=20
> www.avg.com

So as it turns out Bob, we just may be distantly, indirectly related.
Seems my uncle (Donald Nugent, mothers brother) Married a Carmen La Londe. =
They lived in a small little city in upstate NY called Ogdensburg, Right on=
 the St Lawrence River. (Across from Canada) They had (I think) 3 kids ( 2 =
boys and a girl) Lived in Niagara Falls of all places right down the street=
 from the Love Canal. Which, if you remember, was the subject of a huge med=
ia water pollution scandal back in the 70's.=20
.
My uncle, a prisoner of war during the WW II Battle of the Bulge, doing a h=
undreds of mile forced walk, survived that and died of cancer late 80's . (=
Hmmmm) My aunt Carmen ( if I remember the family history correctly) went on=
 and got re-married to a catholic priest who gave up the ministry to marry =
her.=20
.
I haven't been in contact with those cousins since before my uncles death s=
o I don't know anything about them. But I do have another cousin in Ohio wh=
o says she occasionally talks to my cousin Kenny the youngest boy.=20
.
By the way, my father was born in Canada, (1916) in a log cabin far up nort=
h in a logging camp in Winnipeg  , My grandfather was a lumber jack. I thin=
k I've mentioned that here before. My father told me some really great stor=
ies about living in the lumber camp. So anyway, I'm half Canuk.  Eh?