Re: Napco P9600 - Smoke Alarm Reset

On Tuesday, September 21, 2021 at 12:05:09 AM UTC-4, Jim Davis wrote:
> On Monday, September 20, 2021 at 11:16:26 PM UTC-4, Medtech1 wrote:=20
> > Thanks for the reply... I do have the smoke detector powered by termina=
l 28 (+) and 29 (-) but hitting reset on the keypads doesn't seem to interr=
upt the power.
> How many smoke detectors and are they 4 wire or two wire smokes? And who =
is the manufacturer? Are these smokes on the list of acceptable smoke detec=
tors?

How old is the panel?
Also, have you changed keypads from the originals that were installed with =
the panel?=20
Some time ago, a new revised keypad was introduced and they could not be us=
ed on older panels. The boxes of the revised keypads have a bright orange o=
f green sticker with the capital letters "EZ" I don't remember why they wer=
en't backward compatible but maybe this has to do with your no keypad fire =
reset problem.=20
Worst case is to install a normally closed push button switch in series wit=
h the power going to the smoke detectors which has to be pushed in the even=
t the fire alarm trips. This was how fire systems worked years ago before k=
eypads were available .=20