Re: A horse walks into a bar...

On Saturday, September 18, 2021 at 5:14:37 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:
> On 9/15/2021 7:19 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:=20
> > A horse walks into a bar and orders a pint. The barkeep says =E2=80=9Cy=
ou=E2=80=99re=20
> > in here pretty often. Think you might be an alcoholic?=E2=80=9D, to whi=
ch the=20
> > horse says =E2=80=9CI don=E2=80=99t think I am.=E2=80=9D, and vanishes =
from existence.=20
> >=20
> > |=20
> > V=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> > See, the joke is about Descartes=E2=80=99 famous philosophy of =E2=80=
=98I think=20
> > therefore, I am=E2=80=9D, but to explain that part before the rest of t=
he joke=20
> > would be to put Descartes before the horse.=20
> >=20
> >
> I told this joke to my wife who is both smart and well educated. When I=
=20
> told the first part she gave me a polite smile and token groan. She got=
=20
> it instantly of course. When I told the second part the response wasn't=
=20
> much better. In punance for subjecting her to such terrible word play I=
=20
> paused for a moment and said, "37." She immediately burst out laughing=20
> which just goes to show some jokes are funnier than others.
> --=20
> https://www.avg.com

WOW!
Thanks Bob, I haven't heard #37 in years !

For some reason though, #63 is the one that always got me laughing the most=
.

I didn't know you were partial to Punance. Give me a bit and I'll conjure u=
p some of the old ones I've got stored in my memory somewhere. I don't get =
much chance to recite them because - - - as you know  -  - - there aren't t=
oo many people who are intelligent enough to understand them.