Re: Did you miss me?

On Friday, October 1, 2021 at 2:00:21 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:
> On 9/30/2021 7:05 PM, Jim Davis wrote:=20
> > On Thursday, September 30, 2021 at 2:36:36 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote=
:=20
> >> On 9/30/2021 11:29 AM, Jim Davis wrote:=20
arly 90's ( You may have noticed that I "still" use AOL from those days)=20
 I=20
ed offering it free so I stopped paying and just continued to use it. As of=
 now, I use it but just as an autonomous mail service. That is - - - I don'=
t have the app on my computer and don't even use Outlook or any kind of mes=
sage organizer. I don't do any alarm business on line so it's no inconvenie=
nce.=20
he names and passwords I've use for centuries. I've actually got 4 separate=
 account that I use in the event that I want to remain super anonymous for =
any reason.=20
e when he was looking to "get" me. But he had me located in a town about 40=
 miles away where my ISP is located.=20
anonymously right off the bat. Today, not even Google knows who I am and I'=
m not on any of the social media groups or even Linkdin. My bank offers a s=
ervice that makes it so I don't have to give anyone my real credit card num=
ber. So that end is pretty well covered too.=20
 until proven innocent. That's my interpretation of Billy Joel's "I'm in a =
New York state of mind"=20
> >> I've never looked for you. Is that a challenge? I hunted a guy once,=
=20
> >> and the only reason I didn't get him is the FBI (one I) got him first.=
=20
> >> They had more money and better resources.=20
> >>=20
> >> I'm kidding. I have no need to know where you are or even if Jim is=20
> >> your real name. Not about the other part. The FBI really did get him=
=20
> >> first.=20
> > No challenge. I'm not that important.=20
> > BUT=20
> > I don't have much respect for the FBI.=20
> > I have seen first hand how they can railroad someone right into federal=
 prison. The guy was my customer and as side work he repaired motor cycles =
in his little one car garage on weekends and evenings. A couple of the memb=
ers of a local Hell's Angels group brought their bikes there for repair. My=
 customer never rode with them but after some members were arrested on some=
 federal crimes, they got my customers name and manufactured some story tha=
t allowed them to arrest my customer as an accessory and sent him to federa=
l prison for five years.=20
> > I continued to monitor his home at no charge for his family until he wa=
s released and they moved away. There's more to the story but that's the gi=
st of it. I still monitor the alarm system for his sister-in-law. It's been=
 about 10 or more years ago now They're doing OK but it's always going to b=
e a blemish on him.=20

> I suspect FBI agents are like other government agents. Some want to do=20
> the job and enforce the spirit of the law. Some are on a mission driven=
=20
> by ambition. Some are on a mission driven by almost religious fervor=20
> regadless of the law or to the extreme most minute detail of the law. A=
=20
> few I am sure are totally out of control. I've only met a couple in=20
> passing and I can't really make any general conclusion as a whole. I've=
=20
> had a few federal agents as customers, (Justice, DHS, BPS, Customs,=20
> etc...) and one or two who have been ocassional fishing partners. Of=20
> those I know in more than passing most seem to be pretty reasonable=20
> types. Admittedly most I know in that capacity are higher ups who are=20
> not necessarily on a holy mission or driven by ambition. They seem to=20
> understand that grey isn't necessarily right, but hard division of black=
=20
> and white almost never is.=20
>=20
> I've also dealt with one or two BATFE agents in their official capacity.=
=20
> My dad more than me. He had an FFL in his country hardware store. (I=20
> have a collectors license myself, and have considered a regular dealers=
=20
> license once or twice.) Every BATFE agent I dealt with was atleast=20
> modestly reasonable and some were downright helpful. Less looking to=20
> score a collar and more driven to make sure I don't get myself in=20
> trouble or have issues with other agents. If you follow any of the pro=20
> gun political channels the BATFE gets a pretty bad rap, and some agents=
=20
> certainly deserve it based on the verifiable stories about them. The=20
> thing is in my limited experience they were more reasonable than that.=20
>=20
> The only real overall issue I have with federal agents is the system=20
> more than the agents themselves. Civil asset forfeiture abuses are a=20
> systemic issue. Qualified immunity protecting bad ones from egregious=20
> (sometimes pretty horrific) violations is a systemic issue.

Yeah all above probly so. but "one bad apple spoils it for the rest" Right?=
 How do you tell the good ones from the bad? if you believe innocence befor=
e guilty, If you befriend a good one, you're ok. But befriend a bad one you=
 could be SOL.
Which is the reason I engage everyone as " Everyone is guilty until proven =
innocent" All you have to do is pretend to trust them but watch what they d=
o - - - - for a long long time.
Trust is earned not a given. As you can imagine, I have a lot of acquaintan=
ces, but not many (real) friends. The way  I like it. It keeps my life unen=
cumbered.=20
I do what I want, when I want, how I want, up to the point that my wife to =
begins to nag me.
Sometimes I have to reconsider.  ;->