Re: Did you miss me?

On Wednesday, September 29, 2021 at 2:01:53 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:
> On 9/28/2021 8:10 PM, Jim Davis wrote:=20
> > On Tuesday, September 28, 2021 at 7:44:28 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:=
=20
> >> I was gone for almost a whole day. Did you guys miss me?=20
> >>=20
> >> Looks like aioe crashed. Form posts I saw earlier today seems to=20
> >> indicate even their website is down. I just now figured out how to get=
=20
> >> my old Eternal September account to work with Thunderbird. Ok, to be=
=20
> >> fair I never really tried before.=20
> >>=20
> >> --=20
> >> https://www.avg.com=20
> >=20
> > Hmmm, I know what Eternal September refers to re: AOL back in the early=
 90's ( You may have noticed that I "still" use AOL from those days)=20
> > But what is an Eternal September "account"?=20
> >
> AIOE and Eternal September are free (**read & post) Usenet servers still=
=20
> in operation. It looks like AIOE is back up and operating as of now. I=20
> am using their server to read your post. I seemed to recall Eternal=20
> September charges a one time setup fee like ten dollars, and never=20
> another fee after that. I know I have not paid again in more than a=20
> decade of use.=20
>=20
> There are a lot of read only Usenet servers.=20
>=20
> I noticed you have an AOL email account, but I've never felt the need to=
=20
> look at your headers and information to see where your posts appear to=20
> originate from.

Way WAAAAYYYY way back i used to pay a fee to Aol but then they started off=
ering it free so I stopped paying and just continued to use it. As of now, =
I use it but just as an autonomous mail service. That is - - -  I don't hav=
e the app on my computer and don't even use Outlook or any kind of message =
organizer. I don't do any alarm business on line so it's no inconvenience.=
=20
When I want to Emai, I just go to the AOL website and sign in using the nam=
es and passwords I've use for centuries. I've actually got 4 separate accou=
nt that I use in the event that I want to remain super anonymous for any re=
ason.
I'm in NY But hardly anyone knows exactly where. Bass came kinda close when=
 he was looking to "get" me. But he had me located in a town about 40 miles=
 away where my ISP is located.
For some reason back when I first started using Usenet, I went on it anonym=
ously right off the bat. Today, not even Google knows who I am and I'm not =
on any of the social media groups or even Linkdin. My bank offers a service=
 that makes it so I don't have to give anyone my real credit card number. S=
o that end is pretty well covered too.
I guess that It all stems from the fact that I consider people guilty until=
 proven innocent. That's my interpretation of Billy Joel's "I'm in a New Yo=
rk state of mind"
What's that old saying? " Paranoia is just a heightened sense of awareness"=
=20