Re: Napco GEM-P9600 Strange Behavior After Power Outage

On 3/2/2021 9:36 PM, mleuck wrote:
> On Monday, March 1, 2021 at 5:23:10 PM UTC-6, alar...@xxxxxxx wrote:
>>> Interesting that happened with Napco, I have never seen any other manufacturer have that kind of problem
>> Yeah - - - - - sure!
>>
>> Too bad I didn't save the DSC panels that depowered during a storm and never could be programmed again. Or the Cellular radios that continued to send supervisory signals but couldn't send alarm signals and DSC knew about it and didn't tell anyone for months. But what else could anyone expect from a product made out of cardboard, tin cans and spit.
>
> Programmed thousands of DSC panels ranging from the classic models to the Power series never had one do that, not saying its impossible just never seen it. Never had experience or cared for their cellular radios

I've seen lots of "old" panels from multiple manufacturers have issues,
but the worst one in my opinion was Firelite with a brand new panel that
claimed to be CID, but would lock up if it wasn't to a very limited set
of receivers.  The fix was to just switch it to pulse format.  What
pissed me off more than anything was Firelite knew about the problem and
mislead me for months.  I finally tried pulse and fixed it myself. I
still lost the customer.

IMO any panel more than 10-15 years old or MFGed during that time period
of rash of bad Chinese caps is subject to unpredictability.  One of the
first I ran into was an old Caddx Ranger.  It needed a power cycle about
every 6 months, and then it worked great until the next time.

That being said I saw an SP6 still in service the other day.

https://www.avg.com