Re: Napco GEM-P9600 Strange Behavior After Power Outage

On Monday, March 1, 2021 at 5:23:10 PM UTC-6, alar...@xxxxxxx wrote:
> On Saturday, February 27, 2021 at 10:48:08 PM UTC-5, mleuck wrote:=20
> > On Thursday, February 25, 2021 at 6:45:24 PM UTC-6, wallywald...@gmail.=
com wrote:=20
> > > Update:=20
> > > Had a tech come out and reprogram the unit. The software had become c=
orrupted when I lost power. Everything is now working properly. Thanks for =
the comments!=20
> > Interesting that happened with Napco, I have never seen any other manuf=
acturer have that kind of problem
> Yeah - - - - - sure!=20
>=20
> Too bad I didn't save the DSC panels that depowered during a storm and ne=
ver could be programmed again. Or the Cellular radios that continued to sen=
d supervisory signals but couldn't send alarm signals and DSC knew about it=
 and didn't tell anyone for months. But what else could anyone expect from =
a product made out of cardboard, tin cans and spit.

Programmed thousands of DSC panels ranging from the classic models to the P=
ower series never had one do that, not saying its impossible just never see=
n it. Never had experience or cared for their cellular radios