Re: SooooOOOOOOOOOO ?

On 5/21/2021 8:00 PM, Jim Davis wrote:
> What's goin on with everyone?
> .
> I've got a 2500 sqft single story house under construction. He's a builder and this is going to be their retirement home. All wiring is being brought back to a utility closet in the office
> .
>   I'm doing alarm. No contacts on windows, just audio glass break detectors in each room with windows. ( That's what they wanted) Contacts on doors. 3 Keypads, Four smokes. Using Napco 1664 and DK 1 (blue backlight) keypads.
> .
> Four outside cameras, Three in the front ( one looking at the front door) . One in the back looking at the pool and cabana. I've stopped using Hikvision some time ago after they got hacked and I've always felt uneasy about a Chinese company providing CCTV cameras anyway. Now using a company that's become very popular around here called INViD . Make a decent line of cameras and assembled in Mexico or South America someplace (I Think) I like the peer to peer method of mating the cameras to the phone app, rather than having to do port forwarding and getting into the customers router etc. Once you do that, every time they have a router problem it becomes mine. No more of that. I wanted to put in more cameras but they think they don't need them. I know they'll be sorry later but . . . . . . . . .
> .
> I'm Installing  Internet/WiFi and Ethernet wiring and doing the setup. Using 2 Ubiquiti UniFi Access points. AP AC PRO 802.11ac  plus a Netgear Nighthawk router and 16 port network switch. Ethernet wires to each TV plus various other locations. Six TV;s Used 2 inch flex tubing from basement to the Bedroom, Living room and Family Room TV's so wires can be pulled to TV's in the future. I'm sure Fiber HDMI cables will be becoming more popular as TV's go from 4K to 8k and on up and get faster and faster processors so I wanted to leave access for the future. Other TV's have Ethernet hookup for streaming only.
> .
> One of he TV;s is going to be outdoors on the covered patio with an honest to goodness outdoor rated TV set. In the past I've had customers just put a regular TV out doors and they take it in in the winter time. They'll last a few years and then throw it away. I'm Running the interior RG6 for 3 cable boxes boxes too. Running the Living room TV and the Patio TV from the same cable box and have to use an HDMI extender for the Patio TV. since they're about 40 feet apart. I don't want to take a chance with a 50 foot HDMI cable and a 50 foot fiber cable cost too much at this point.
> .
> [...]

Well, yesterday I spent the whole day thinking about those American
service personnel who came back feet first.  While doing that I finally
hooked up electricity and air to the new manual knee mill I put in the
back of the shop a few months ago.  Several times I could have used it,
but didn't have the time to run wire and hook it up.

Then a gooseneck ball plate I didn't expect to arrived around mid day.
I suppose I should look at the box to see what carrier was delivery on
Memorial day.  I dropped the ball pl;ate into the hitch rails in the bed
of my dad's truck.  It wasn't to bad.  12 minor adjustments with 3 lb
inertial adjustment tool and I was able to press it into the slots.

Then I drove to Blythe California to pick up a relatively light weight
gooseneck trailer.  There is no GVWR plate on it, but it has 5 lug
axles.  The heaviest 5 lug axles I am aware of are 4000lb so with tongue
weight the most it could be rated for at about 9500 lbs.

The transaction went rather seamlessly.  It turns out the guy selling
the trailer lives right across from a friend and fishing buddy who
vouched for me.  He was willing to take my check on the weekend rather
than my having to wait until today for me to pick up some cash from the
bank.

I noted a few little things I wasn't crazy about, but its a good priced
rig with enough capacity for what I need to do in the short term.  I
would have liked something heavier, but this will do for now and was
within the price range I could afford right now.  I can always sell it
later to upgrade to a heavier rig. There were two broken running lights.
One at the rear of the vehicle.  Fortunately the bulb was burned out so
getting pulle dover for white light to the rear of the vehicle was not
an issue.  One at the side near the front was also busted.  I pulled the
bulb so it would not show a white light to the side.

It was still daylight when I left Kalifornicastan, and in Arizona you do
not typically get pulled over for running lights out.  (You will get
stopped for white light to the rear.)

I was a little disappointed in my dad's truck.  His 98 2500
Dodge/Cummins definitely does not perform like his old 93 2500
Dodge/Cummins did.  A girl who had her daddy's car without permission
ran a red light and totaled the 93 a few years ago.  Anyway, I kind of
felt like it was tuned for a heavy utility body or something.  It took
forever to come up to speed pulling that empty trailer.  I find it hard
to believe my dad used it to pulled his 15000lb fifth wheel trailer.  I
was thankful for the California reduced speed for vehicles pulling
trailers while I got use to it.  At first I thought I was going to have
to drive all the way back at 55-60 mph.

After playing with it a bit, I found myself passing semi's running 75
climbing the long grade on I-10 in Arizona east of the Colorado River
Basin.  The rest of the trip was pretty uneventful.  It continued to
take a while to get up to speed, but it did and ran at speed the whole
way home.  Right now its parked in my driveway.

I finished up the day with a rum and coke at home while I quietly
thanked all those who served and in particular all those who gave
everything.

~~~

I would have much preferred to take my Chevy/Duramax/Allison 2500, but
my dad's truck already had rails for a removable fifth wheel or
gooseneck ball plate hitch, electric brake controller, and in bed 7 pin
trailer connector.  I will be ordering a set of rails and a brake
controller for my truck today or tomorrow.

https://www.avg.com