Re: SooooOOOOOOOOOO ?

On Tuesday, June 1, 2021 at 1:02:06 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:
> On 5/21/2021 8:00 PM, Jim Davis wrote:=20
> > What's goin on with everyone?=20
> > .=20
> > I've got a 2500 sqft single story house under construction. He's a buil=
der and this is going to be their retirement home. All wiring is being brou=
ght back to a utility closet in the office=20
> > .=20
> > I'm doing alarm. No contacts on windows, just audio glass break detecto=
rs in each room with windows. ( That's what they wanted) Contacts on doors.=
 3 Keypads, Four smokes. Using Napco 1664 and DK 1 (blue backlight) keypads=
.=20
> > .=20
> > Four outside cameras, Three in the front ( one looking at the front doo=
r) . One in the back looking at the pool and cabana. I've stopped using Hik=
vision some time ago after they got hacked and I've always felt uneasy abou=
t a Chinese company providing CCTV cameras anyway. Now using a company that=
's become very popular around here called INViD . Make a decent line of cam=
eras and assembled in Mexico or South America someplace (I Think) I like th=
e peer to peer method of mating the cameras to the phone app, rather than h=
aving to do port forwarding and getting into the customers router etc. Once=
 you do that, every time they have a router problem it becomes mine. No mor=
e of that. I wanted to put in more cameras but they think they don't need t=
hem. I know they'll be sorry later but . . . . . . . . .=20
> > .=20
> > I'm Installing Internet/WiFi and Ethernet wiring and doing the setup. U=
sing 2 Ubiquiti UniFi Access points. AP AC PRO 802.11ac plus a Netgear Nigh=
thawk router and 16 port network switch. Ethernet wires to each TV plus var=
ious other locations. Six TV;s Used 2 inch flex tubing from basement to the=
 Bedroom, Living room and Family Room TV's so wires can be pulled to TV's i=
n the future. I'm sure Fiber HDMI cables will be becoming more popular as T=
V's go from 4K to 8k and on up and get faster and faster processors so I wa=
nted to leave access for the future. Other TV's have Ethernet hookup for st=
reaming only.=20
> > .=20
> > One of he TV;s is going to be outdoors on the covered patio with an hon=
est to goodness outdoor rated TV set. In the past I've had customers just p=
ut a regular TV out doors and they take it in in the winter time. They'll l=
ast a few years and then throw it away. I'm Running the interior RG6 for 3 =
cable boxes boxes too. Running the Living room TV and the Patio TV from the=
 same cable box and have to use an HDMI extender for the Patio TV. since th=
ey're about 40 feet apart. I don't want to take a chance with a 50 foot HDM=
I cable and a 50 foot fiber cable cost too much at this point.=20
> > .=20
> > I couldn't get them interested in audio though. I offered a Sonos contr=
olled speaker system inside and for the future around the pool and the pati=
o but they said to hold off, maybe in the future. But I'm sure they have ot=
her more immediate things to spend money on now. Wiring isn't in for the po=
ol and the cabana yet so maybe I'll get it done then.=20
> [...]
=20
> bank.=20
>=20
> I noted a few little things I wasn't crazy about, but its a good priced=
=20
> rig with enough capacity for what I need to do in the short term. I=20
> would have liked something heavier, but this will do for now and was=20
> within the price range I could afford right now. I can always sell it=20
> later to upgrade to a heavier rig. There were two broken running lights.=
=20
> One at the rear of the vehicle. Fortunately the bulb was burned out so=20
> getting pulle dover for white light to the rear of the vehicle was not=20
> an issue. One at the side near the front was also busted. I pulled the=20
> bulb so it would not show a white light to the side.=20
>=20
> It was still daylight when I left Kalifornicastan, and in Arizona you do=
=20
> not typically get pulled over for running lights out. (You will get=20
> stopped for white light to the rear.)=20
>=20
> I was a little disappointed in my dad's truck. His 98 2500=20
> Dodge/Cummins definitely does not perform like his old 93 2500=20
> Dodge/Cummins did. A girl who had her daddy's car without permission=20
> ran a red light and totaled the 93 a few years ago. Anyway, I kind of=20
> felt like it was tuned for a heavy utility body or something. It took=20
> forever to come up to speed pulling that empty trailer. I find it hard=20
> to believe my dad used it to pulled his 15000lb fifth wheel trailer. I=20
> was thankful for the California reduced speed for vehicles pulling=20
> trailers while I got use to it. At first I thought I was going to have=20
> to drive all the way back at 55-60 mph.=20
>=20
> After playing with it a bit, I found myself passing semi's running 75=20
> climbing the long grade on I-10 in Arizona east of the Colorado River=20
> Basin. The rest of the trip was pretty uneventful. It continued to=20
> take a while to get up to speed, but it did and ran at speed the whole=20
> way home. Right now its parked in my driveway.=20
>=20
> I finished up the day with a rum and coke at home while I quietly=20
> thanked all those who served and in particular all those who gave=20
> everything.=20
>=20
> ~~~=20
>=20
> I would have much preferred to take my Chevy/Duramax/Allison 2500, but=20
> my dad's truck already had rails for a removable fifth wheel or=20
> gooseneck ball plate hitch, electric brake controller, and in bed 7 pin=
=20
> trailer connector. I will be ordering a set of rails and a brake=20
> controller for my truck today or tomorrow.=20
I Don't know much about trailers, trucks and hitches but I share your senti=
ments regarding all the people who have given their lives for this country =
and what it is supposed to stand for. People talk about "heroes". Though I =
did join the US Navy at the age of 17, I never saw any action and actually =
had a fabulous, experience. It never occurred to me when I enlisted that I =
might be put in a situation where i could lose my life. I didn't join up ou=
t of any sort of patriotism. It was just something that I had wanted to do =
since I was about 12 years old.
.
I attained a Atomic top secret clearance and became and cryptographer in co=
mmunications. We were tracking Soviet submarines off the coast of Florida i=
n the Bahama Island. So I spent about 2 and half years in a tropical paradi=
se. In between tracking submarines I learned to scuba dive, learned spelunk=
ing. Represented the US Navy in the world wide spearfishing competition. Le=
arned how to handle and shoot a 45 and M! accurately. Spent a week every co=
uple of months living and sleeping on the beach. Learned to water ski. Spea=
r fished barracuda, shark, tarpon, moray eel, and many kind of edible fish =
Started a rock and roll band to play for the enlisted men and officers and =
wound up playing for about 2000 people at a US space satellite success part=
y. Occasionally take a trips to Miami Beach or Nassau in the Bahamas. etc, =
etc, etc . . . . . . . .
So it took a number of years of reading, hearing stories from people who ha=
d seen action for me to realize what heroes those are who knowingly go into=
 battle  willing to forfeit their lives for their belief in this nation. I =
can't estimate how much money I've donated to various veteran causes throug=
h the years. I sometime think it may come from a little feeling of guilt be=
cause of what I experienced.=20
The men I admire the most are those who fought in WWII. I just can't imagin=
e what they experienced at Iwo Jima and at Normandy. I had tears running do=
wn my face the whole time when I visited Normandy. Same when I visited Hawa=
ii USS Arizona Memorial.  I've only watched Saving Private Ryan once and wo=
n't ever watch it again. I live near two of the biggest WWII cemeteries. I =
avoid driving by them because I tear up every time.=20
Heroes ... TRUE heroes.. every one of them.