Re: Hello!!!

On Monday, August 23, 2021 at 6:32:31 PM UTC-4, ABLE1 wrote:
> On 8/23/2021 7:55 AM, ABLE1 wrote:=20
> > Hello!!=20
> >
> > Did anybody hear that????=20
>=20
> Well by golly!! Somebody was actually listening to=20
> the break in the SILENCE!!! I am impressed!!!=20
>=20
> Thanks!!=20
>=20
> Anyone have anything new to report or discuss?? I will lead off!!!=20
>=20
> I for one will be installing my 2nd ever in 32 years a Fiber Optic=20
> cable pull for a Network run on Wednesday!!!!=20
>=20
> It is to replace a CAT5e cable run underground between two barns for=20
> a WiFi connect to allow a horse trainer to send out video of her=20
> horse training to others. YippKiAaaaa!!!=20
>=20
> The install was about 3 months ago and since have lost 4 data switches=20
> to lightning storms passing through. I have learned a big lesson NOT to=
=20
> do that ever again!! My whoops and fault!!!=20
>=20
> Glad to see that you's guy are still checking in here to hear what be=20
> going on!!=20
>=20
> BTW nobody mentioned my spelling error!!! Thanks for that!! :-)=20
>=20
> Later,=20
>=20
> Les
Well, ewe noe thaat oue don pai munch atensuhin two splein ron hear.

A lot of little stuff going on for me right now. Just waiting for the new c=
onstruction home I prewired to get to the point I can return and mount secu=
rity hardware and start the system up. Then do the same with and get the TV=
's, internet and cameras on line. Still waiting for the other prewire to st=
art. Lady's daughter had a baby so she's staying with them right now. I gue=
ss she'd have to be paying mortgage and refurbishing has been put on hold.=
=20
OR - - - - - MAYBE. I lost the job!. I just got back from a weeks vacation =
up to Vermont so I've got to check in with her and see what's going on.=20
.
Other than that, I've got a S%#@load of service calls to do. and another wh=
ole 8 Camera residential waiting to be done. Upgrading 3G's to 4G in betwee=
n everything. In the process, I've been able to upgrade some of them to Cel=
l Phone control via virtual keypad with a nice increase in monthly RMR. It'=
s amazing. When I first started offering central station monitoring so many=
 years ago, I was getting $9.00 a month. Now people are willing to pay $40.=
00 /$50.00  a month and more. As much as many alarm trade people don't like=
 the "Free" alarm companies. I think it's because of them that end users ar=
e more inclined to pay more for monitoring now days.
.
 Anyway, good to see every one is still checking in here. I do, most every =
day, I started here in the 90"s. So it's just habit now. I had always hoped=
 this could become a "haven" for trades people to come and give and take in=
formation but it just never turned out. At the time it could have there was=
 just too much turmoil and it drove (most) everyone away. And now that the =
social media groups have taken root, (none of which I belong to) This kind =
of forum just has no appeal. I'm assuming there are alarm groups there.=20
.
To me, the social media groups just want to know too f%$@ing much about me,=
 what I do, how I do it, where I do it, who I do it with. Just to invasive =
in my privacy to suit me. Every place you go people and TV and advertisemen=
ts make reference to Facebook or Twitter or Instagram or whoever etc, etc. =
And it makes you feel as if you're missing out on something and "that's how=
 they get ya !" Well, so far I've been able to avoid getting sucked in to a=
ny of them in spite of the push and pull from all factions. I've been able =
to function with out them so far. We'll see what happens as time goes on. I=
t just may become a necessity at some point. If I go in - - -  it'll be hee=
ls first.=20

What say you-all ?=20