Re: Hello!!!

On 8/23/2021 3:32 PM, ABLE1 wrote:
> On 8/23/2021 7:55 AM, ABLE1 wrote:
>> Hello!!
>>
>> Did anybody hear that????
>
> Well by golly!!  Somebody was actually listening to
> the break in the SILENCE!!!  I am impressed!!!
>
> Thanks!!
>
> Anyone have anything new to report or discuss??  I will lead off!!!
>
> I for one will be installing my 2nd ever in 32 years a Fiber Optic
> cable pull for a Network run on Wednesday!!!!
>
> It is to replace a CAT5e cable run underground between two barns for
> a WiFi connect to allow a horse trainer to send out video of her
> horse training to others.  YippKiAaaaa!!!
>
> The install was about 3 months ago and since have lost 4 data switches
> to lightning storms passing through.  I have learned a big lesson NOT to
> do that ever again!!  My whoops and fault!!!
>
> Glad to see that you's guy are still checking in here to hear what be
> going on!!
>
> BTW nobody mentioned my spelling error!!!  Thanks for that!!   :-)
>
> Later,
>
> Les

My most interesting experience with fiber was at a facility in Mexico.
I installed a DVR on both sides of the road for a facility.  They had a
fiber pair under the road connecting both facilities.  Everyday in the
afternoon access to the DVR on the opposite side of the road would get
slow and cludgy.  I thought maybe it was a congested network, but I
could always access the DVR on the same side of the road just fine, AND
THEY HAD FIBER across the road.  One day I took a look at the fiber
translator to discover it was only 10Mbps.  They had a massive
bottleneck right in the middle of their network at what should have been
the fastest link.   It took me almost a year to get them to upgrade
their fiber link.  They had spent (by the time it was done) almost $50K
with me, but they baulked at spending a few hundred bucks to actually
use their fiber link at any reasonable capacity.

https://www.avg.com