Re: Hello!!!

On 8/25/2021 12:06 AM, Jim Davis wrote:
> I laughed out loud when I read that.
>
> I can't stand those little plastic bags of four conductor wire for the same reason. You get down to the last 50 feet or so and it's got no weight so you can't pull it out of the bag. So you're trying to shake the bag off of the end of the wire like an idiot waving a flag around while trying to create new swear words at the same time. And then when the wire finally comes out of the bag, in an instant you've got the Gordian Knot.
> I don't have a suggestion for you unless you were running into the same problem repeatedly. The electricians around here make up an expandable four spoked rack to pull their romex wire from. but it's always the approximate same size spool so they don't need different sizes for different size spools. If you're still interested I'll go into an explanation of how they make and use it.
>
> Don't forget to let us know how the job turned out

Ok so here is the final results!!  After the story that is!!

I had it set up with another guy to help as a sub on this Fiber Project.
We met on site and the first thing was to make sure the Fiber Cable
was long enough to do the run.  Opened the box in the Tobacco Barn
and checked to see if there was a legible footage number on the
CATT5e cable.  There was and I wrote it down.  Then we drove up
to the Horse Riding Barn and looked, but not enough cable was exposed
to see any numbers.  Had to cut the 1" PVC on the outside to take out a
section so I could install a 1" Uni-body Type C Pull Box.  And to do
so without cutting the CAT5e inside the pipe.  Got that done and then
pulled the cable out to check the footage.  Got a number and did some
math and it was 278' long!!!  That means I had 50.08398950131 feet more
than what was needed to do the job!!!  YaaHoooo!!!

I could now start to breath a bit better!!  Then we installed the
Pull Box on one side only so we could pull the Fiber.  Went back to
the Tobacco and had to make a second pipe cut because I wanted as
straight a pull as possible.  Ended up with just one 90 at the Horse
Barn for the pull.  Got everything set up and installed the Fiber
Pulling Sleeve on the fiber cable and clipped to the pull string.

I went to the Horse Barn and started to pull â??upâ??, 12" - 16" at a time!!
BTW, I was standing in direct sunlight with temperature at 93 degrees!!
I was a puddle of SWEAT and then some!!!  I thought I would never get
it there.  Had a huge pile of string on the ground and had to use my
screwdriver handle to help my fingers from getting chaffed from the
string.  Finally the Knot came through and I knew I had another 12 feet
to go!!  Then the turnbuckle came through and the Fiber.  Pulled what I
need plus another 6 feet or so.  Returned to the Tobacco Barn and passed
all cables back through the conduit to the box.  Coiled up the extra
Fiber Cable and connected to the Multimode Media Converter and powered
up, Blinky Blink.  Closed up the box.

Up to this point my STRESS LEVEL was off the charts!!
I tried not to show it..................much.............

We went up the Horse Barn and did the same up there and got Blinky Blink
and about a minute later the WiFi was back up.  DOUBLE YaaHOOOOOO!!!!

We went on our separate ways.  ME?? I went home and collapsed!!!
After such an event I just want to crawl in a hole and sleep it off.

                   I did so for an hour before typing!!

Now I am back to working up the proposal for this two camera job on a
pole that is 200 feet from the building that will NOW be installed on
Fiber Optic.  Now that I am a "expert" in Fiber Optics I think I can
handle the job with ease!!!  ;-)

Ok that is the end of the story!!!  Thanks for reading and I hope
you guys got a smile on your face at least once!!!

Later,

Les