Re: Whew! More Pleasant Story

On 10/1/2020 6:45 PM, Jim Davis wrote:
> On Thursday, October 1, 2020 at 7:12:11 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:

>>> Awh.  My comment about Low-T didn't go through earlier.
>>>
>>> Ok, here is another one.  Also involving a woman.  (different one) She
>>> lived over in East Mesa and I was working in Dateland 150ish miles away.
>>>    She called to see if I was coming up for the weekend.  When I told her
>>> I didn't have enough gas money for my truck (11mpg), and my bike
>>> (45-55mpg) had a bad battery she said, "Come on up.  If we have to we
>>> can push start your bike."  She push started my motorcycle everywhere we
>>> went all weekend long and we ran all over Mesa and Tempe having fun and
>>> carrying on.
>>>
>>> Outside one bar after she push started my bike, and before I could
>>> circle back to pick her up some guy decided to hit on her.  She was
>>> enjoying her self way to much when I pulled up and she hopped on back.
>>> The guy looked totally dazed and confused when he saw me pull up.
>>>
>>> When I got home I still had a couple dollars in my pocket.  Not enough
>>> for a new battery for my bike, but enough to get me by until payday...
>>> which thankfully was Tuesday.
>>>
>>> Hey... another bit of good news.  I just saw the other day that diesel
>>> is less than gas again.  Atleast around here.  Since my gasser Jeep and
>>> my turbo diesel 4x4 truck both get about the same MPG I've been driving
>>> my truck more.  I like driving my truck.  I just might have to go out
>>> and get it stuck in the desert just for fun.
>>>

>> All right.  Last woman story, but this one is a little different.  Of
>> course it starts with an appropriate amount of bragging and chest beating.
>>
>> I had a buddy in college.  We met in an archery class of all things.  We
>> were two of the best three shooters in the class.  We were both also
>> computer nerds.  As a pair of self proclaimed brainiacs we had a similar
>> interest in women, but every time I saw him talking with one she would
>> greet me by name or worse he would mention one and I would pull out my
>> little grey book and ask him if he wanted her phone number.  Most of the
>> time I did have her number, but once or twice I reached for my little
>> grey book just get under his skin.
>>
>> One day he asked me what my secret was.  I told him it was simple.  You
>> need to show interest, but make sure you haven't invested to much of
>> yourself into fear and fantasy before asking.  If you are interested
>> just ask.  Ask them to go do something you would find fun to do with
>> somebody else, and no I don't mean sex.  Don't make up contrived
>> romantic bullshit like a hot air balloon ride over Paris.  If you like
>> comic books invite her to a comic book convention.  If a friend is
>> playing guitar down at the coffee house then that.  Demolition derby,
>> fishing, whatever.  Just make sure its something you would enjoy with
>> them or anybody else.  Not just something to impress.
>>
>> My buddy wasn't convinced so I said, "I'll tell you what. Invite ten
> [...]

Another buddy of mine said it better.  You just have to be perceived as
a HAM and they will come to you.  Healthy Adult Male.  I found for me
personally I just had to look like I was having more fun than the next
guy.  Sometimes that was enough to make the next guy who was just a HAM
want to start a fight.  LOL.