Re: Whew! More Pleasant Story

On 9/30/2020 5:18 PM, Jim Davis wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 30, 2020 at 1:37:48 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:
>> Many years ago I was in the Mesa/Tempe area watching a concert and
>> firewoks show with a date.  On the way back over the Salt River my car
>> died on the bridge.  I told my date to get behind the wheel and I would
>> push.  It was stop and go traffic.  Mostly stop.  As I got out of the
>> car several guys boiled out of a pickup truck behind us and told me to
>> get back in the car.  They pushed us up the bridge, down the other side
>> and a little way into an open parking lot.  Probably a couple miles.
>>
>> They asked if we needed a ride, but I called a cab and we spent the
>> night on a the couch of a friend who lived nearby.  The next morning I
>> got a ride back over to my car to find one of the businesses in that
>> little strip mall was an auto parts store.
>>
>> I fixed it on the spot with tools I always kept in the car.
>
> Hnnn
> Seems I don't remember the nice stories anymore ---only the ones that agitate me.
>
> May be, that it's due to the diminished level of tolerance I have left :-)

Awh.  My comment about Low-T didn't go through earlier.

Ok, here is another one.  Also involving a woman.  (different one) She
lived over in East Mesa and I was working in Dateland 150ish miles away.
  She called to see if I was coming up for the weekend.  When I told her
I didn't have enough gas money for my truck (11mpg), and my bike
(45-55mpg) had a bad battery she said, "Come on up.  If we have to we
can push start your bike."  She push started my motorcycle everywhere we
went all weekend long and we ran all over Mesa and Tempe having fun and
carrying on.

Outside one bar after she push started my bike, and before I could
circle back to pick her up some guy decided to hit on her.  She was
enjoying her self way to much when I pulled up and she hopped on back.
The guy looked totally dazed and confused when he saw me pull up.

When I got home I still had a couple dollars in my pocket.  Not enough
for a new battery for my bike, but enough to get me by until payday...
which thankfully was Tuesday.

Hey... another bit of good news.  I just saw the other day that diesel
is less than gas again.  Atleast around here.  Since my gasser Jeep and
my turbo diesel 4x4 truck both get about the same MPG I've been driving
my truck more.  I like driving my truck.  I just might have to go out
and get it stuck in the desert just for fun.