The Man From A.S.S.

Written in response to a marketing related post on Facebook to a guy who
makes rod holders under the company name Elite Rod Holders.

Branding is a tough thing, but if you are not a one dimensional creator
you will come up with ideas and create products other than rod holders
at some time. You may already have to much invested in the current name,
but how about considering how you can back off the name to something
more encompassing. With a name that screams "I SELL ROD HOLDERS" it
might be difficult to market say a new seat bracket or some other widget
or gizmo you create that isn't a rod holder. Can you find a way to take
advantage of the branding you have already done to encompass a broader
range of product in the future. The FACT is no matter how well you do
you will not monopolize the rod holder market. You can't count on one
dimensional growth.

"ERH Products." Wow! That guy makes a great beverage holder. "Well ERH!" LOL

No I am not in advertising. I spent 23 years as a licensed contractor
with a one dimensional business name. The Security Consultant. The thing
is some of my biggest jobs were voice and data cabling jobs. Not at all
security related. Others were customers were I did, sound systems, phone
systems, intercom, video, and security all for one client. I did ok, but
a name that better encompassed my range of skills might have done
better. I have since thought a name like Arizona Systems Solutions might
have been better. People would certainly remember that guy from A.S.S. I
imagine it would have been hysterical to have A.S.S. security decals on
windows all over town. Seriously though. Try to think about how you can
and will expand in the future. If you stubbornly say, "I am only ever
going to make rod holders," then don't worry about it.