Re: Check in

On 5/14/2020 9:56 AM, ABLE1 wrote:
> On 5/14/2020 10:20 AM, Bob La Londe wrote:

>>> Jim,  Your resistance was futile..................
>>>
>>> Oh and Bob, think about it!! There has to be another choice.  Not!! :-)
>>>
>>> ROFLOL
>>

>> My place is surrounded by citrus and alfalfa, so gnats are a regular
>> hazard.  Mosquitos for some reason not so much.  Several of my
>> neighbors have horses as well, but no horse flies either.  Never heard
>> of a green horse fly, but we have a big black one that I see out on
>> the river fairly often in the summer time.  They will but a nasty bite
>> on you, and are hard to hit with anything.  One anglers I used to knew
>> kept a badminton racket in his boat for taking them out.
>>
>> Anyway, not the first gnat I've wound up eating or spitting out.  Just
>> the first one that tasted like deet.  FYI:  Mosquito repellent seems
>> to have no affect on them.  I tried back when I first moved to this
>> place back in 2005/06.
>
> Many Many years ago when I was the Maintenance Supervisor for a Plastic
> Extrusion Company I had a very small office near the shop.
> (maybe 11' x 9')  One summer there was this standard housefly that got
> into the office.  Since he was young he was very fast and I could not
> get him.  Buzz buzz buzz around and then would hide for a while.
> Myself in and out of the office all day.  Drove me nuts for 3 days.  Now
> the fly is 3 days older and getting slower.  He sat down on my desk and
> I very quickly reached out and caught him in my hand.
> Yahoo!!  Gotcha sucker!!
>
> Due to the torture he bestowed on me for 3 frickin days there had to be
> some appropriate punishment that was needed for this now captured fly.
> So I pulled off a bit of Scotch Tape and gently stuck him to it.  His
> legs were wiggling and his wings were trying to get loose but the sticky
> Scotch Tape adhesive would not let him go.  I walked him out to the
> shipping dock and gently stuck the tape with the fly to the floor.  He
> continued to try and get free but he couldn't!!  I then went over to
> the walk-behind forklift and positioned the left front wheel in line
> with the fly.  I the slowly (ever so slowly) moved the the 4,750lb
> forklift forward.  Once the tire rolled over the fly I went back and
> forth a couple of time just make sure he was DEAD.  I then pealed the
> Scotch Tape with squished fly off the floor and returned to my office
> where I pinned it to my bulletin board.  I did not have another fly
> enter my office for the rest of the summer.
>
> Wow, just typing that, made me feel so good!!  LOL
>
> I hope you all enjoyed reading my little fly story!!  :-)
> You may now resume your normal activities................
>
> Les

Did you cackle and rub your hand together as you dreamed up your revenge?

A few years ago I tried to grow a winter garden.  Black birds and
grackles were eating my seedlings as fast as they would sprout.  I
looked them up.  There is actually an international treaty protecting
both of them, but there is a clause in that treaty where I can
exterminate them with extreme prejudice when they are causing
substantial harm to crops.  I broke out an air rifle and spent the next
several weeks shooting anything with wings that came near my garden.
I'd go pick them up and toss them in the garbage, but one day I popped
two crackles  and a customer called.  Those two grackles got left at the
end of the rows of broccoli for several days, and as long as they laid
there not another grackle came near my garden.

FYI, If a grackle happens to bend down towards you a properly tuned .25
Marauder will put a 25.4 grain pellet though his beak and exit his
asshole at 30 yards without hardly slowing down.

P.S.  I am sure when you were a kid somebody said they had a
Benjamin/Sheridan/Daisy/ etc that they could pump up a hundred times and
it would shoot like a .22.  They were full of shit.  LOL.  My .25
Marauder develops about half the energy of a .22 long rifle.  There are
air rifles that develop as much energy (or more) as a 45 acp, but they
sure aren't doing it with a .177 caliber 7 grain flat nosed cast lead
badminton birdie.  My Marauder is charged to 3000 PSI with an SCBA
compressor or SCBA tank and gets 28 shots at a little over 900FPS before
velocity starts to drop, and I go refill it.  Its an awesome medium
range game bird killer.