Re: Check in

On 5/12/2020 5:13 AM, ABLE1 wrote:
> On 5/11/2020 10:58 PM, Jim Davis wrote:

>>> I had a gnat fly in my mouth the other day.  He tasted like mosquito
>>> repellent.
>>>
>>> HACK!  HACK!  HACK!
>>
>> Let's see now -----
>>
>> If you had a choice between eating a gnat that tasted like mosquito
>> repellent and a green horse fly that tasted like horseshit
>>
>> Which would you choose?
>>
>> Sorry Bob, I just couldn't resist :-D
>>

> Jim,  Your resistance was futile..................
>
> Oh and Bob, think about it!! There has to be another choice.  Not!! :-)
>
> ROFLOL

My place is surrounded by citrus and alfalfa, so gnats are a regular
hazard.  Mosquitos for some reason not so much.  Several of my neighbors
have horses as well, but no horse flies either.  Never heard of a green
horse fly, but we have a big black one that I see out on the river
fairly often in the summer time.  They will but a nasty bite on you, and
are hard to hit with anything.  One anglers I used to knew kept a
badminton racket in his boat for taking them out.

Anyway, not the first gnat I've wound up eating or spitting out.  Just
the first one that tasted like deet.  FYI:  Mosquito repellent seems to
have no affect on them.  I tried back when I first moved to this place
back in 2005/06.