Re: Brinks BHS2000D Hack

On Thursday, March 19, 2020 at 11:06:08 PM UTC-5, Jim Davis wrote:
> On Thursday, March 19, 2020 at 9:46:38 PM UTC-4, mleuck wrote:
> > On Wednesday, March 18, 2020 at 10:00:35 PM UTC-5, ero...@xxxxxxxxx wro=
te:
> > > I know this is from 2007,  now its 2020,   I'm using a brinks 2000 sy=
stem, =20
> > > when I stopped paying for monitoring I unplugged the phone cable so t=
hey could not send a disable signal.   Everything works fine except once a =
day it beeps when it dials out.  I figured out if I set off the alarm it wi=
ll be set to beep a few minutes after that event.  so i can set the time it=
 beeps to when i want.    searched and asking here because I found a progra=
mmer but don't know the settings.  I just want to switch off the dial out o=
r maybe have it dial my cell.  does anyone have an uploaded copy of the ins=
tructions   and master key#s if any?
> >=20
> > The system is ancient garbage that was obsolete when new, why bother?
>=20
> Like Mount Everest ----- Because it's there.=20
> (Said the climber just before he died from hypothermia and high altitude =
sickness)

I would agree if it were something like an old DSC, Napco, Caddx or C&K but=
 that old Brinks system is utter garbage and not worth the parts, I replace=
d a ton of them