Re: Timely message to all

On Sunday, March 22, 2020 at 8:18:16 PM UTC-4, ABLE1 wrote:
> On 3/22/2020 7:29 PM, Jim Davis wrote:
> > I hope everyone is doing ok.
> >=20
> > I'm still going out and working on 2 new construction installations tha=
t are in progress and doing service calls, but keeping my distance from oth=
er workers which are few. I'm arriving on the job at 3 to 4 PM and working =
into the evening till 9 10 PM which pretty much leaves me alone on the job =
with no one else to come in contact with.
> >=20
> > Service calls seem less than usual so I have to assume it's because of =
the Virus slowdown. Only did two in the last few days and only have two sch=
eduled for next week so far. One of them the people went to their house in =
the woods in Pennsylvania, so their house here will be empty for me to work=
 in. The other is someone new to the area moving into one of my old custome=
rs condo, so I'm thinking they're kind of skittish about the new area and w=
ant protection more than being concerned about me coming into their persona=
l space.
> >=20
> > Most people I've spoken to don't seem that concerned over the situation=
 but they're taking normal precautions. Some are working at home. Some are =
working reduced hours. I went out on two estimates last week but I'm thinki=
ng that it will probably be an extended period of time before they get back=
 to me. I've got my existing new construction jobs to keep me busy for awhi=
le but I expect a slowdown in the future as a result of people being out of=
 work etc.
> >=20
> > I've got some money owed to me but not enough to hamper paying my bills=
 (yet)
> > this month and probably next month
> >=20
> > So we'll see what happens over the next few weeks.
> >=20
> > I'm wondering if any of the small business assistance from the governme=
nt will be available to me if things get worse to a point that I can't pay =
my bills. I'm only a one man company so I don't know how this is going to w=
ork and if I'll comply with the requirements.
> >=20
> > How's everyone else doing?
> >=20
>=20
>=20
> Hi Jim,
>=20
> Being in the state of Pennsylvania the Governor shut me down for=20
> "construction" but not for "service calls" as of last Thursday at 8pm.
>=20
> I am doing about the same.  But since "ALL" construction is to
> be closed down it makes it difficult to just go and show up.
>=20
> Maybe some reclassification needs to be done.  One big project
> I am at a point that I need a lot of the "others" to get done
> so I can continue.  Like the flooring and painting guys.
>=20
> Pleased be advised that a for the government they consider
> "Small Business" to be companies with 50 or more employees.
> I don't think that does much help you and me very much.
>=20
> Then again time will tell.  I am guessing fill out an
> application and throw it against the wall and see if it
> happens to stick.................. or not.
>=20
> For me my concerns go more for the customers paying their
> annual monitoring fees when due. I hate being the bad guy!
>=20
> I hope all here pull through these bad times.
>=20
> Les

Interesting point you bring up.

I'm told that in NY we are considered an "essential" business but no one ha=
s specified whether that applies to new installations or just service calls=
.

I'll have to try and find out about that.