Re: 3G radios/CDMA sunset

Hi Mark,

I believe that I was meaning radios that have never been online yet, such a=
s the 3G CDMA radios from Alula. I think that they can be put online only u=
ntil the end of this year.

Alula is supposed to have the ability to go to 5G when it arrives, that is =
for their newest radios. It will operate on 4G, and with a software upload,=
 with be 5G compatible. That is what my ears heard on the phone, but I will=
 confirm it first on paper.

This is what I meant by taking time to get the right product that will last=
 past the cyclic 2G to 3G to 4G to 5G.....  Investing in the right long ter=
m product is much better.=20

I was not meaning their 3G radios being able to do 4G.

The 2G and 3G reference that will probably be around longer is all the mill=
ions of electric meters, gas meters, traffic controls, ATMs, vending servic=
es, OnStar & similar, etc. Think of the amount of labor hours just for thos=
e, never mind the cost.

So, for alarm cellular radios, I am looking for a device that is 4G and wil=
l be able to go 5G. It is much like the newer cellphones that are 4G & also=
 5G ready. That type of alarm radio equipment will most probably ensure tha=
t the customer turnover rate may equal the cellular equipment retirement sp=
an.=20

This way, Les may not have to send as many letters to his customers next ti=
me around!=20

Hogan