Re: RELIABLE LATE-TO-OPEN AUTOMATED DEVICE FOR TEXT/ EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS TO CUSTOMER

On Wednesday, May 22, 2019 at 12:34:31 AM UTC-4, Jim Davis wrote:
> On Monday, May 20, 2019 at 10:43:00 PM UTC-4, mleuck wrote:
> > On Monday, May 20, 2019 at 8:56:25 PM UTC-5, Bob La Londe wrote:
> > > Most reliable late to open notification I've seen is from a real=20
> > > professional central station.  That being said, several real=20
> > > "professional" central stations out there AREN'T.  I got lucky with A=
z=20
> > > Security Controls, but E24 and that Cats guy can go pound sand.  Most=
=20
> > > will not provide service directly to end users though.
> >=20
> > Better to bypass the central station and use external sources such as A=
larm.com, AlarmNet, Telular or Napco assuming each offers the service. Woul=
d you rather get a phone call as notification or an email document or text =
message?
> >=20
> > Our central station does old style late to open notification but that i=
s quickly being supplanted by Alarm.com and AlarmNet
's and each-event emails ---- to larger corporations.
>=20
> Central station costs usually points Small businesses and homeowners to w=
ant the text and emails.

We find that the customers who want the LTO, LTC, & Unscheduled Openings, l=
ike the live operator notifications, and they are getting them. The reason =
previously outlined in the first post, is for fail-safe redundancy.=20

Ipdatatel/Alula has text, email, and phone call with RoboVoice (kind of a h=
e/she voice of no one that you ever want to date), clearly waking them up. =
Texts & emails can be slept thru, but phone calls usually always gets a res=
ponse. That works great for alarms and all regular notifications, but they =
lack the additional features mentioned above. The customers don't care abou=
t the cost, they just want it to work. That is why we want redundancy & tot=
al reliability. Central stations can get seriously bogged down at times, no=
t often, but it does happen; and burglar alarms will get priority- LTO, LTC=
, Unsch O. will take a back seat. Still checking on Napco Starlink.