Re: Adding Envisalink EVL4 - Auxillary Power Max'ed out?

On 11/22/2018 2:32 AM, JohnM wrote:
> I plan on purchasing an EVL4 shortly but have a question regarding Auxiliary Power Maximums. I have a Vista 20P control panel with the below auxiliary devices which have a total current draw of 535ma (as stated in the 20P installation manual). Adding a EVL4 at 75ma would bring the total Auxiliary Power draw to 610ma. The Vista 20P documentation states that the Auxiliary Terminal power available is 600ma . This is a residential (non-UL rated) installation.
>
> I think I can make the assumption that the Alpha Keypads would only reach 100ma maximum if the keypad sonalert and the panel backlighting LED lights are activated at the same time. If that is the case I hoping that the extra 10ma overage would only be reached in a worst case scenario.
>
> I'm trying to save having to deal with a second auxiliary power supply and its associated power transformer but want to insure that I'll still be able to access the panel remotely in that worst case scenario.
>
> Does anyone have a comment on what I should do here? Thanks for your help in advance.
>
> Current Devices
> (2) 6160 Alpha Keypads (100ma each - total 200ma)
> (1) 5881 RF Receiver (35ma)
> (1) 4286 Phone Module (300ma)

Best hope is to turn "off" all buzzers and led's on keypad's and sensors
(when you can)..

Do an actual current check on the power out (paper work is fine for a
starting point, but each device can be different than the norm)

a second power supply is not that expensive and can save a lot of
problems down the road... (just remember to follow the instructions)

--

*Rocky T. Squirrel, esq.*