Re: Adding Envisalink EVL4 - Auxillary Power Max'ed out?

On Thursday, November 22, 2018 at 3:32:14 AM UTC-5, JohnM wrote:
> I plan on purchasing an EVL4 shortly but have a question regarding Auxili=
ary Power Maximums. I have a Vista 20P control panel with the below auxilia=
ry devices which have a total current draw of 535ma (as stated in the 20P i=
nstallation manual). Adding a EVL4 at 75ma would bring the total Auxiliary =
Power draw to 610ma. The Vista 20P documentation states that the Auxiliary =
Terminal power available is 600ma . This is a residential (non-UL rated) in=
stallation.
>=20
> I think I can make the assumption that the Alpha Keypads would only reach=
 100ma maximum if the keypad sonalert and the panel backlighting LED lights=
 are activated at the same time. If that is the case I hoping that the extr=
a 10ma overage would only be reached in a worst case scenario.
>=20
> I'm trying to save having to deal with a second auxiliary power supply an=
d its associated power transformer but want to insure that I'll still be ab=
le to access the panel remotely in that worst case scenario.
>=20
> Does anyone have a comment on what I should do here? Thanks for your help=
 in advance.
>=20
> Current Devices
> (2) 6160 Alpha Keypads (100ma each - total 200ma)
> (1) 5881 RF Receiver (35ma)
> (1) 4286 Phone Module (300ma)

Your car can do over 100 miles an hour.=20

If you could do it lawfully, would you actually drive it that fast everywhe=
re you went? Think about it. And why wouldn't you? Maybe because it wouldn'=
t last as long =E2=80=A6=E2=80=A6 huh? Maybe? Ya think?

Put in a aux power supply =E2=80=A6=E2=80=A6=E2=80=A6. Jeeeeeeze!