Re: You always think you've seen it all

On Thursday, July 19, 2018 at 4:43:53 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:
> "Jim Davis"  wrote in message=20
>=20
> On Thursday, July 19, 2018 at 8:49:25 AM UTC-4, ABLE1 wrote:
> > On 7/18/2018 12:32 PM, Jim Davis wrote:
> > > One of my customers moved to a house that already had an alarm system=
=20
> > > installed. Vista 20 panel with a zone expander, two keypads and get=
=20
> > > this...=E2=80=A6
> > >
> > > 10 motion detectors and 9 audio glass break detectors. Two out of thr=
ee=20
> > > doors have hard wired contacts. The third door has no contact (depend=
s=20
> > > on motion detector for detection). No windows have contacts.
> > > The motions detectors and the glass break detectors are located in th=
e=20
> > > corner of each room BUT =E2=80=A6.. they are mounted side by side on =
the flat=20
> > > surface of the wall in the corner. In other words, the motion detecto=
r=20
> > > only covers half the room and the glass break detectors don't face th=
e=20
> > > windows.
> > >
> > > But, get this =E2=80=A6.. there was an addition put on the house. So =
the l0th=20
> > > motion detector is mounted in the dirt floor three foot high crawl sp=
ace=20
> > > under the addition that is separated from the original basement by th=
e=20
> > > old foundation wall that has two basement windows as access. I guess=
=20
> > > because the crawl space has an outside entrance. however, the two=20
> > > basement windows are covered by a motion detector and a glass break=
=20
> > > detector located in the finished basement.
> > >
> > > There are three self contained 30 watt sirens in each of 3 attic vent=
s=20
> > > powered with an auxiliary power supply through a relay and the power=
=20
> > > supply also powers all the glass breaks and motion detectors. No aux=
=20
> > > power is drawn from the panel. I'm guessing they did it that way beca=
use=20
> > > they had a problem sharing the power with the panel because they didn=
't=20
> > > know that you had to have a common ground between the supplies and th=
ey=20
> > > couldn't get it to work right.
> > >
> > > There's also a smoke detector in the boiler room.
> > >
> > > So =E2=80=A6=E2=80=A6. fix that =E2=80=A6.. why doncha!
> > >
> > > I'm guessing that this is a perfect example of a DIY project.
> > >
> > > Ya just don't know =E2=80=A6=E2=80=A6=E2=80=A6=E2=80=A6. what ya don'=
t know.

> > Jim,

> > Powered up, pressed * and # entered programming
> [...]

Yeah, I can appreciate that, since you live in the baker's oven of the US.
I understand that it's tradition down there that no one ever says "go to he=
ll" because they're already there.

80 degrees outside is probably like a cool winter evening to you. Although,=
 if I remember right I seem to remember hearing that your nights ARE pretty=
 cool.