Re: You always think you've seen it all

On 7/20/2018 10:37 AM, Jim Davis wrote:
 > On Thursday, July 19, 2018 at 4:43:53 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:
 >> "Jim Davis"  wrote in message

 >>> Jim,
 >>>
 >>> And you.................
 >>> Powered up, pressed * and # entered programming
 >>> changed the installer code, Master Code for customer
 >>> account number, and phone number, told the customer
 >>> to call if he has a problem right??
 >>>
 >>> I hope not!!!
 >>>
 >>> Yes, it was definitely a DIY project for sure.
 >>>
 >>> SCARY!!
 >>>
 >>> Les

 >> Psssssshaw!  You don't know hot boy.  If I was dealing with such frigid
 >> temps I might still be a wire monkey.
 >

 > Yeah, I can appreciate that, since you live in the baker's oven of
the US.
 > I understand that it's tradition down there that no one ever says "go
to hell" because they're already there.

 > 80 degrees outside is probably like a cool winter evening to you.
Although, if I remember right I seem to remember hearing that your
nights ARE pretty cool.

We see freezing temps once in a great while, but no more than a quick
frost the last few years.  I have fished winter time tournaments where
the water would come up the line more like a gel than a liquid, and you
could feel the ice break on the spooled up line every time you made a
cast.  I've seen predawn temps in the teens (F) a few times over the
years, but its been a while.  Still 80 degrees is a beautiful day around
here.  Everyday over 100 some over 110 the last month or two.  Had a
couple overcast days where it barely hit 100, but the humidity was high
so...  100 and dry is actually pretty nice if you are used to it.  100
and humid kills people, and not just in the Southwest.