Re: Up in An Attic In August in Yuma Arizona

Hi,=20

I have worked in the far south, where the attics in the summer are at about=
 140 deg+ w/no ventilation fans, nor ridge-vents, and you only allow yourse=
lf 5-8 min at most. One such journey, was in an attic with scissor-trusses =
that allow a cathedral ceiling in the room below. There was at most a 24" c=
learance at the peak, by about 30" wide in a triangular space (not square t=
russ access), but I had to get to the other side of the house for wiring. A=
s I crawled thru, I noticed a carpenter ant nest in the batt insulation whe=
re I needed to pass. I figured I could go over them with 4-5 inches clearan=
ce and did so successfully. After I finished my wiring, I had to go back th=
ru the same pathway. Well, by then, my vibrations after having gone over th=
em the 1st time, had seriously agitated them. By now, my breathing was labo=
red and it is afternoon hot-sun time, and I have to get out since I have sp=
ent my precious time slot away. Somehow, I was able to slowly crawl with on=
ly my hands and toes on the rafters, while there was by now about a hundred=
 or so of them in an agitated 'bite-him-now' mood. I did make it to cooler =
pastures and never dared to do that again. If they had gotten to me, I prob=
ably would have just jumped thru the drywall ceiling and told the customer =
that the ants overpowered me. Enjoy.

Hogan