Re: Remember the Good Old Days

On Sunday, September 24, 2017 at 6:04:00 PM UTC-4, medi0...@xxxxxxxxx wrote=
:
> On Sunday, 10 September 2017 19:38:23 UTC-4, Bob La Londe  wrote:
> > I still recall Robert Bass calling me up to brag endlessly and complain=
=20
> > about Mike Sabodish only to have Mike call me a little later to carry o=
n=20
> > about Robert Bass.  Don't worry, machinists and tackle makers have the =
same=20
> > kinds of guys and more of them.  I'm not missing out.  LOL.
>=20
> 2017! wow, this is current, far out, I recognize some names here. I forge=
t what I used to post under, I think I was incognito ha! I used to mix it u=
p with him myself. Overbearing fellow but I'm thinking his dead the way thi=
s thread is going and uh... no constant interruptions to get his sig line o=
ut there

Yep, you got him pegged.
=20
There's about a half a dozen or so of the "old crowd" still hanging out her=
e.=20
Sometimes there's some discussion about alarms but not much anymore. Most t=
hreads digress into personal musings and opinions on unrelated subjects. Ha=
ven't seen an end user question here in ages. As I say, I think the "Social=
 Media" groups see most of that traffic now and You Tube videos abound rega=
rding alarm matters.=20

There are some moderated groups that are linked to this Forum but I don't k=
now if they get to see threads in this group that are not started by someon=
e within the moderated group. I've tried to join some of those groups but t=
here are so many people in them that by the time you get to read someone's =
questions, 20 other people have already answered it. I don't get to sit dow=
n and do this every day but in those other groups there is maybe a half doz=
en people who answer 99% of the questions. I can't imagine where they find =
he time to be available to answer questions all day long, every day. I just=
 leaves other potential contributors out of the mix.=20

But anyway, check in more often. Maybe there's a Renaissance occurring.  =
=20