Re: Remember the Good Old Days

On Sunday, 24 September 2017 19:19:48 UTC-4, Jim Davis  wrote:
> On Sunday, September 24, 2017 at 6:04:00 PM UTC-4, medi0...@xxxxxxxxx wro=
te:
> > On Sunday, 10 September 2017 19:38:23 UTC-4, Bob La Londe  wrote:
> > > I still recall Robert Bass calling me up to brag endlessly and compla=
in=20
> > > about Mike Sabodish only to have Mike call me a little later to carry=
 on=20
> > > about Robert Bass.  Don't worry, machinists and tackle makers have th=
e same=20
> > > kinds of guys and more of them.  I'm not missing out.  LOL.
> >=20
> > 2017! wow, this is current, far out, I recognize some names here. I for=
get what I used to post under, I think I was incognito ha! I used to mix it=
 up with him myself. Overbearing fellow but I'm thinking his dead the way t=
his thread is going and uh... no constant interruptions to get his sig line=
 out there
>=20
> Yep, you got him pegged.
> =20
> There's about a half a dozen or so of the "old crowd" still hanging out h=
ere.=20
> Sometimes there's some discussion about alarms but not much anymore. Most=
 threads digress into personal musings and opinions on unrelated subjects. =
Haven't seen an end user question here in ages. As I say, I think the "Soci=
al Media" groups see most of that traffic now and You Tube videos abound re=
garding alarm matters.=20
>=20
> There are some moderated groups that are linked to this Forum but I don't=
 know if they get to see threads in this group that are not started by some=
one within the moderated group. I've tried to join some of those groups but=
 there are so many people in them that by the time you get to read someone'=
s questions, 20 other people have already answered it. I don't get to sit d=
own and do this every day but in those other groups there is maybe a half d=
ozen people who answer 99% of the questions. I can't imagine where they fin=
d he time to be available to answer questions all day long, every day. I ju=
st leaves other potential contributors out of the mix.=20
>=20
> But anyway, check in more often. Maybe there's a Renaissance occurring.

I do remember a Jim from those newsgroup days, can't recall much more detai=
l, not sure if you're him but hullo! BobbyD sorta rings a bell, others I re=
cognize, Campbell, cripes, no getting away from that guy :-)
I'll be lurking for sure, maybe give Honeywell techs a break hahaha
been replacing panels, adding alarmnet, lots o' fun

Leuck still bombing around on that bike?