Re: Honeywell Compass

On 9/23/2017 3:32 PM, RTS wrote:
> tks Les,
>
> what I meant by the fake phone thing  is a rig where you can use the
> panel voltage, to apply to the "phone in", thereby  faking out the
> panel, as it believes it has a phone connected. Then connect the
> computer running compass to the phone input and do a direct connect..
>
> my setup is an older EMachine using a USB converter feeding into the CIA
> modem then line out to the panel line IN.
>
> on compass you start the dial command then at the connect details select
> telco  then as it says hit connect
>
> then at the panel keypad  enter  installer code + (#) + 1
>
> they should begin to communicate at that point..
>

> What  I was trying to do is cut out all these extra devices and cables
> connecting everything together..
>
> Something were you might be able to directly connect to the data bus
> through some type of buffer and converter unit
>
> powered from the USB computer output..
>

> Just my thought...
>
> RTS
>

> *Rocky T. Squirrel, esq.*

RTS,

Yes, that is the setup I could never get to work.  Which is why I
went the way I did.

What you are looking for is a device similar to the NX-588E for the
Networx panels.  Yea, that would be nice.  Sad part is Ademco
thinks they have been doing everything right (their way) since forever.
So why improve on perfection??  LOL

As far as I know nothing like that exist for Ademco stuff.

Back when Moose sold out and then the product line was dropped I took a
real serious look at the available panel that were NOT proprietary.

Already knowing Ademco it was way off my radar.  After looking at
DSC, Napco, Elk, ITI and a couple of others I settled on the Network line.

One of the main reasons was how programming was done in the field,
and the NX-588E was what convinced me.

If you have a lot of Admeco panels you might want to consider the
Viking device.  In my opinion simple and easier than the thing
you are doing.

Have a good rest of your weekend.

Les