Re: Honeywell Compass

On 9/23/2017 10:34 AM, RTS wrote:
> Greetings Gang,
>
> Has anyone ever found a way to directly connect the compass program to
> the panel?
>
> Using the "jury-rigged" connection of "modem & fake phone line voltage"
> is a bit questionable
>
> from the customers perspective..
>
> I've talked with tech support at Honeywell and they always say the same
> thing, "We'll pass it along to "Design"..
>
> I've found over the years some of the best cures have come from the
> "guys in the field"..
>
> So I'm just asking..
>
> Tks..

RTS,

It depends on what you call a "modem & fake phone line voltage" thingy.

I have a plastic case with a power strip, Hayes 2400 modem, and a Viking
DLB-200B Two-Way Ringdown Circuit device.  Connected to the Hayes is a
RS232 cable that connects to my Win98se laptop and to the Viking I have
a phone cord with a RJ11 into the Viking and on the other end an RJ45
socket that the RJ31x cord plugs into.

Do as you would connect from the office.

I call it my Phone Company in a box.

Now there is supposed to be a way to do it otherwise, as it a direct
connect.  But, I find it never to work so I gave up thinking about it.

And YES, I did type WIN98se.  I only have a few older Vista panels.
Honestly do not like the Ademco stuff.  Strange thing is had to work
on two Vista 40's just this past week.

Hope the above helps somehow.

Good luck!!

Les