Re: need to start a small alarm monitoring station

On 9/4/2017 4:25 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
> A ssholes
> T rolls
>   &
> Troglodytes
>
> ???
>

> I once spent almost two hours wading through AT&Ts auto attendant menus
> only to finally get a message to visit their website, where I spent 45
> minutes wading thru their website to get a message saying I would have
> to call.

Bob,

That barely holds a candle to Comcast and Verizon.

A small recent (Saturday) history on Verizon.
I have Ultra Call Forwarding on a local main prefix number that I have
had for over 28 years.  I set this number to forward a residential
number at my house.  If I have a problem with my phone system or the
lines are down at my house I can call a number and have the number sent
to my cell phone so it minimizes any downtime for business calls.

I have a reason to switch the forwarding to another number (much longer
Comcast story.  I dial the Verizon number for forwarding and get a busy.
I wait about 5 minutes and try again.  Same thing, then try one of my
land lines since I was using my cell and the busy.  I then go on line
to see if they may have changed the number.  After about 20 minutes of
searching I find that I am using the right number.  I call Verizon,
and the final resolve(not as yet) the person said that she would create
a work ticket and the problem would be resolved by Monday 9/11/17.

"Are you kidding me!!! It's YOUR NUMBER!!! YOUR PROBLEM!!! I am just
reporting it to you!!!"

"Sorry sir, but that is what needs to be done.  Is there anything else I
can help you with today.  No, well thank you for using Verizon"

It is a wonder why anything works these days.

The Comcast story is far to long to type but I think they may have "Red
Flagged" my account with the label of "Irate Customer".  I explained to
the last guy that he was the second to do it right out of 5 calls.  That
is a 40% success rate which is not good.  He agreed.

What is the world coming to these days.  My problem is that I am far too
old and remember when things were done right because the work ethic
was superior.  Ok, nuff said...........................

Have a good rest of the week Bob.

Les