Re: need to start a small alarm monitoring station

--------------1EA4AF553F64FEEAC059821E

I liked the phone system We had when I was in the Air Force,

We had these long wire things with a plug on the end.

When the light over the wire come on you pulled the wire out and plugged
it into a jack which in turn went to a phone..

When the light went out you unplugged the wire and put it back in its hole..

Damn thing worked every time..

No muss no fuss, no computer.....  ;-)

*Rocky T. Squirrel, esq.*

On 9/4/2017 4:29 PM, ABLE1 wrote:
> On 9/4/2017 4:25 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
>> A ssholes
>> T rolls
>>   &
>> Troglodytes
>>
>> ???
>>

>> I once spent almost two hours wading through AT&Ts auto attendant
>> menus only to finally get a message to visit their website, where I
>> spent 45 minutes wading thru their website to get a message saying I
>> would have to call.
>
> Bob,
>
> That barely holds a candle to Comcast and Verizon.
>
> A small recent (Saturday) history on Verizon.
> I have Ultra Call Forwarding on a local main prefix number that I have
> had for over 28 years.  I set this number to forward a residential
> number at my house.  If I have a problem with my phone system or the
> lines are down at my house I can call a number and have the number
> sent to my cell phone so it minimizes any downtime for business calls.
>
> I have a reason to switch the forwarding to another number (much
> longer Comcast story.  I dial the Verizon number for forwarding and
> get a busy.
> I wait about 5 minutes and try again.  Same thing, then try one of my
> land lines since I was using my cell and the busy.  I then go on line
> to see if they may have changed the number.  After about 20 minutes of
> searching I find that I am using the right number.  I call Verizon,
> and the final resolve(not as yet) the person said that she would
> create a work ticket and the problem would be resolved by Monday 9/11/17.
>
> "Are you kidding me!!! It's YOUR NUMBER!!! YOUR PROBLEM!!! I am just
> reporting it to you!!!"
>
> "Sorry sir, but that is what needs to be done.  Is there anything else
> I can help you with today.  No, well thank you for using Verizon"
>
> It is a wonder why anything works these days.
>
> The Comcast story is far to long to type but I think they may have
> "Red Flagged" my account with the label of "Irate Customer".  I
> explained to the last guy that he was the second to do it right out of
> 5 calls.  That is a 40% success rate which is not good.  He agreed.
>
> What is the world coming to these days.  My problem is that I am far
> too old and remember when things were done right because the work ethic
> was superior.  Ok, nuff said...........................
>
> Have a good rest of the week Bob.
>
> Les

--------------1EA4AF553F64FEEAC059821E

  <head>
  </head>
        the Air Force,</font></p>
        the end.</font></p>
        the wire out and plugged it into a jack which in turn went to a
        phone..</font></p>
        and put it back in its hole..</font></p>
      <b>Rocky T. Squirrel, esq.</b>
        I once spent almost two hours wading through AT&amp;Ts auto