Re: Cellular Radio.

On Saturday, December 2, 2017 at 7:13:46 AM UTC-5, RTS wrote:
> Jim,=C2=A0=20
>=20
>      =20
>    =20
> we use the Napco system your referencing..
>    =20
> to route old work wiring, I tend to look for
>         sewer pipe venting ( the vertical run to attic)
>    =20
> then from attic locate the pipe and attempt a
>         string drop (fishing weight on string)
>    =20
> some time a heater venting vertical run can
>         also provide a wire pull chamber.
>    =20
> All else fail surface a wire run in conduit to
>         the attic.
>    =20
> point is you want the cell unit or booster as
>         high in the building as possible..
>    =20
> a directional antenna will also help..
>    =20
> The biggest problem we've had here in Kentucky
>         USA=C2=A0=20
>=20
>      =20
>    =20
> is not all cell towers support the "EBridge"
>         service needed to make the 2-way
>=20
>      =20
>    =20
> feature work..
>    =20
> And that can be a real "Bitch" after spending
>         several hours running wire..=C2=A0 ;-)
>=20
>       Rocky T. Squirrel, esq.
>    =20

Hi Rocky,

Yeah .... the "ol vent pipe trick " doesn't work on the newer homes nowdays=
.
with the advent of using PVC for venting, they run the vent pipe all over t=
he place with bends and elbows. Never a straight run anymore. Same goes for=
 HVAC. Much of that is flex tubing. The returns are the best option but aga=
in, with the newer homes using the "open" living spaces, there are hardly a=
ny walls over walls or closets over closets. And, as I said, in this house =
every thing is over built with a first floor with radiant heat, made of cem=
ent over the basement.

Metal pipe would have to be done outside, ( I don't do metal pipe) so I'd h=
ave to get an electrician and the house is made of cement and field stone.

Haven't had any problems with the Starlink when cellular signal is availabl=
e. I'm on Long Island NY ..... highly populated compared to you so I've fig=
uring the cellular service is probably more robust here.