Re: Wanted: used digital receiver

On 9/7/2016 2:36 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
> "Bob La Londe" <none@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> "Rocky T. Squirrel" <gafa_usa@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>> Had a small town fire dept. contact us to try and help them find a used
>>> old school (3+1)  digital alarm receiver.
>>>
>>> They had an old Sur-Guard I,  I think..
>>> No printer, only one line.  formatting it seems is 3+1 slow..
>>> (about as basic as it gets)
>>>
>>> Seems their monitoring all the Vol. FD's in their county and a few
>>> others...
>>>
>>> My guess, cost would be the main issue..
>>>
>>> Any leads would be appreciated...
>>>

>>> RTS....
>>
>> 3+1 is slow.  All the pulse formats are slow.  I went to tone formats a
>> long time ago to reduce long distance costs, but any time I had issues I
>> switched those accounts back to pulse format or set their back reporting
>> as pulse format.  For some reason it just seems more reliable.  EVEN on
>> VOIP lines. Had some panels also that would not take proper kissof tones
>> for no good reason when in tone formats like CID.  Switched those back to
>> pulse and they worked fine.
>>
>> Anyway.  Pulse formats are slow.
>>

> Check Ebay.  On a search for alarm receiver there was an Ademco 685 in the
> first page of 1800 results.  A quick refinement showed several more.

Tks Bob,  we know it's slow.  Heard any of the ATT phones here in
Kentucky...?...   all static all of the time.
There hasn't been any useful ATT tech's  since the last big layoff..
22 ga wire stretched  5 - 7 miles with maybe a hundred splices.. kind-a
does make for interesting connections...   ;-)

We did look at some of the stuff on e-bay..   never been a real big fan
of sight unseen purchases..
and  if  i get a piece of gear with a lot of lights and switches on it,
I'm wondering if "mongo" at the fire house   will be able to figure it
out...    LOL

tks for the feedback though...

RTS