Re: Wanted: used digital receiver

"Rocky T. Squirrel" <gafa_usa@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:D5CdnXJUQaSBBU3KnZ2dnUU7-U3NnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> On 9/7/2016 2:36 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
>> "Bob La Londe" <none@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>> "Rocky T. Squirrel" <gafa_usa@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>>> 3+1 is slow.  All the pulse formats are slow.  I went to tone formats a
>>> long time ago to reduce long distance costs, but any time I had issues I
>>> switched those accounts back to pulse format or set their back reporting
>>> as pulse format.  For some reason it just seems more reliable.  EVEN on
>>> VOIP lines. Had some panels also that would not take proper kissof tones
>>> for no good reason when in tone formats like CID.  Switched those back
>>> pulse and they worked fine.
>>>
>>> Anyway.  Pulse formats are slow.
>>>

>> Check Ebay.  On a search for alarm receiver there was an Ademco 685 in
>> the
>> first page of 1800 results.  A quick refinement showed several more.
>>

> Tks Bob,  we know it's slow.  Heard any of the ATT phones here in
> Kentucky...?...   all static all of the time.
> There hasn't been any useful ATT tech's  since the last big layoff..
> 22 ga wire stretched  5 - 7 miles with maybe a hundred splices.. kind-a
> does make for interesting connections...   ;-)
>
> We did look at some of the stuff on e-bay..   never been a real big fan of
> sight unseen purchases..
> and  if  i get a piece of gear with a lot of lights and switches on it,
> I'm wondering if "mongo" at the fire house   will be able to figure it
> out...    LOL
>
> tks for the feedback though...
>
> RTS

See what they are willing to pay.  If its enough buy two of them, and sell
them the good one.  I did that with Penta Scanners (bought three actually) a
while back because the one I bought back in 1995 (for the full freaking
$5000 price) finally started to flake out.  I wound up with three good
PentaScanners for about $500 including shipping.

I actually liked the OHII receivers, but I sold all of mine finally.  I had
some non-alarm reporting going to them for a while.  Pretty simple.  I just
had them hooked to a computer with a terminal program capturing the data and
saving it to a file.